1426 N Quincy St
Arlington, VA 22207
Tuesday, June 28, 2016


Student Transcripts/Records

Student transcripts are maintained in the local schools for 5 years after a student leaves the school division. After this they are sent to the Department of Student Services for permanent storage. Transcripts are microfilmed and maintained by the records clerk. Copies of student transcripts are released only with the consent of his/her parent/guardian, if the student is under 18 years of age. Copies of transcripts are only released to third parties or parents of students age 18 or older with written consent from the student and a copy of a government issued photo ID (drivers license, non drivers license, state ID, passport or military ID).

Records of students' psychological and sociocultural assessments, as well as other special education records, are maintained in the school for 5 years after the student graduates or otherwise leaves the school division. After 5 years they are destroyed in accordance with state regulations.

Transcript Requests

To obtain an unofficial copy of the transcript you can come:

  • In person on the 3rd floor of the Education Center, 1426 N. Quincy St., Arlington, VA 22207 or

If the official copy is needed you must submit by mail along with the $4 fee and copy of picture ID to:         
Arlington Education Center
Attention: Records Clerk
1426 N. Quincy Street
Arlington, VA  22207
To obtain an official copy of the transcript in person please bring the following:
  • $4.00 fee in the form of cash, certified check or a money order (personal checks and credit cards are not accepted)
  • A government issued photo ID (drivers license, non drivers license, state ID, passport or military ID. Social Security cards and Birth Certificates are not accepted).
If the person does not have a government issued photo ID we may be able to release the records if they can provide a notarized statement saying they are who are, along with another supplemental piece of information such as:
  • Birth Certificate
  • A current lease
  • W-2 form

Records Office Phone: 703-228-6062/6180 Fax: 703-228-2433

Need your GED?

To obtain a copy of your GED please go to the following website:  https://ged.com/
For additional information you may also contact Jerri Lynn Young at 703-228-7220.
Last Modified on May 25, 2016