Professional Development Office
The Professional Development Office coordinates and implements system-wide professional development to support teaching excellence and improve student learning for employees in APS at all stages of their career. The services coordinated by this office include mentoring teachers, conducting workshops, coordinating in-service programs and working with universities to place field experience students. The office provides support for establishing and maintaining Professional Development Schools, and also provides support for the Teacher Evaluation System. The Professional Development Office is committed to supporting and retaining high quality teachers in Arlington Public Schools.
Professional Learning Online Catalog
Click here to view the online catalog of professional learning opportunities. APS subscribes to the Electronic Registrar Online (ERO) to manage the online registration and management of professional learning offerings. Users log in and search for offerings by title, date, curriculum category, credit type, or keyword. Use this tip sheet to help you log into ERO.
for a list of sessions by date.
Click here to view listings of non-APS professional learning opportunities.
- APS Lesson Plan and Unit Plan
- Inventory of Instructional Approaches (pdf)
- APS Best Practices (pdf)
- APS Comprehensive Assessment Inventory
- Virginia Licensure Renewal Manual (PDF)
- Learning Forward's Definition of Professional Development
- Learning Forward Virginia
- Professional Development in APS ACI presentation December 2008 (pdf)
APS Festival of the Minds
- The third annual Festival of the Minds professional learning conference will be held June 27-July 1, 2016 at Kenmore Middle School
- To submit a proposal or for more information please visit the Festival of the Minds Webpage