For Immediate Release:
Dec. 17, 2012
|For more information, contact the Dept. of School and Community Relations at 703-228-6004 www.apsva.us |
We’re Moving: Clarendon and Syphax Education Centers to Relocate
This week, crews will begin moving offices currently located at the Clarendon Education Center and the Syphax Education Center to the new Syphax Education Center located at the Sequoia Building 2, 2110 Washington Blvd.
The new Syphax Education Center, opening Jan. 2, 2013, combines the administrative offices for:
The Department of Instruction,
The Parent Resource Center,
The Language Services Registration Center (Formerly known as the Intake Center),
The Food Services Office,
Extended Day Office,
Library and Media Services,
The Summer School Office,
aRlington Education and Employment Program (REEP),
The Arlington Learning and Retirement Institute (ALRI)
A new Learning Suite will provide classroom and meeting space for Adult Education and REEP.
The Welcome Center will be open from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. and the Learning Suite will be open from 8 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
All offices currently located at the APS Education Center, including the School Board office and the School Board meeting room will remain at the current location at 1426 N. Quincy St.
- The ART bus stop is on Uhle St., at the entrance to the Sequoia Plaza complex.
- ART Bus:
- Routes ART 42 Ballston - Pentagon
- ART 45 Columbia Pike-DHS/Sequoia-Rosslyn
- ART 77 Shirlington-Lyon Park-Court House
- METROBUS: Routes that serve the Sequoia Plaza area include Routes 16 (H, K, P, Y) and 4 (A, H).
By Car: APS has approximately 60 spaces for visitors. Additional half-price meter and street parking are also available for visitors to use if they are not able to find a space in the garage.
Driving directions from Glebe Road
- From South Arlington: Turn right on Columbia Pike. Turn left on Court House Rd. Proceed straight past 2nd St. and then take slight left at intersection.
- From North Arlington: Turn right onto the US-50 E ramp. Exit onto S Washington Blvd. toward Pentagon/I-395. Take immediate right at S. Court House Rd.