David M. Brown Planetarium
1426 N. Quincy Street, Arlington, VA 22207 703-228-6070
More than Forty Years of Service to Arlington Students and the Greater Community
Teachers and Schools Information Area
The planetarium currently offers three shows daily. Schools may schedule a visit to the planetarium by calling the Planetarium office extension at x6017 or the science office at x6166. Please check the calendar below for availability.
Showtimes: Daily at 9:30am, 10:45am, and 12:45pm
Currently Offered School Programs
- One World, One Sky: Big Bird's Big Adventure - Big Bird, Elmo and their friend from China, Hu Hu Zhu, take viewers on a journey of discovery to learn about the Big Dipper, the North Star, the Sun, and the Moon. Run time: Approx. 25mins
- Magic Tree House Space Mission - Travel with the brother-sister duo, Jack and Annie in their Magic Tree House® as they proceed to answer the questions left for them in a mysterious note signed “–M.” Run time: Approx. 30mins
- Zula Patrol: Under the Weather - The Zula Patrol is collecting samples of weather for scientist Multo's research. But when the Zula gang hurts Gorga's feelings, he decides to leave Zula and find another planet to live on. Interplanetary villain Dark Truder then tricks Gorga into stealing weather - part of his latest nefarious scheme. The ZPers find out and go after him - in the process learning all about weather, both terrestrial and interplanetary. Run time: Approx. 24mins
| || |
- Tilt -It’s a crazy day when snow starts falling and it’s the middle of summer! But sometimes crazy days are just what you need to discover something new. Join Annie and Max for a whirlwind adventure as they explore a new angle on the world and find out how the seasons work. It’s surprising what a new angle on the world can do.
- Earth, Moon, and Sun - This program explores the relationship between the Earth, Moon and Sun with the help of Coyote, an amusing character adapted from Native American oral traditions who has many misconceptions about our home planet and its most familiar neighbors.
- Cosmic Colors: An Adventure Along the Spectrum - Enjoy a journey through the world of color! Tour the interior of a leaf, voyage through a human eye, then step into the invisible universe as you investigate x-rays. Explore the world of infrared in a roaring fire, and even discover what may have been the actual color of a dinosaur.
| || |
- Oasis in Space - This show transports the audience on a startling and beautiful voyage through our universe, galaxy and solar system in search of liquid water, a key ingredient for life on Earth
- Cell! Cell! Cell! - You are made of 70 trillion living cells. They work. They talk. They think. They are what make you alive. This is the story of the trillions of cells that form our bodies, from our beginnings as a single cell to the complexity of a whole body: it’s the story of who we are.
Customized and integrated content programs are welcome. Call the Director at ext. 6017.
All shows that have been confirmed with the planetarium will be updated on the calendar below. The standard weekday show times are 9:30 AM, 10:45 AM, and 12:45 PM. If there is an available date that you would like to reserve, please call the planetarium office at ext. 6017. Please note: A vacancy on the calendar does not necessarily indicate availability. Please call the Planetarium to schedule.