High School Neighborhood Transfers
- Transfers from one neighborhood school to another are permitted within the Arlington Public Schools subject to space availability.
- Each receiving school is limited to having five percent of the school's total enrollment based on the previous September 30 Student Membership Report.
- Any school where projected enrollment during the next three years exceeds capacity will not be eligible to receive transfers.
During the application period (November 2, 2015 to January 22, 2016):
- Wakefield High School cannot accept any regular neighborhood transfers for the 2016-17 school year; it can only accept transfer requests to its AP Network program.
- Washington-Lee cannot accept any regular neighborhood transfers for the 2016-17 school year; It can only accept transfer requests to its Pre-IB/IB program.
- Yorktown High School cannot accept any regular neighborhood transfers for the 2016-17 school year.
Transportation is not provided for neighborhood school transfers.
The transfer application process takes place between the first Monday in November through the third Friday in January for the following school year. Applications received after the application period are placed at the bottom of the existing waiting list.