Open House & Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
Join APS for an Open House & Ribbon Cutting Ceremony on Thursday, May 3 from 4 – 6 p.m. at the Syphax Education Center (2110 Washington Blvd.). This is an opportunity to explore the newly-expanded and centralized APS Administrative and School Board Offices and Meeting Room location. Guests will be able to take a self-guided tour to find out where each department is now located in the new building. Most of the offices will be moved by May 3. Although guests may find some boxes still needing to be unpacked and finishing touches to be added, this is a great opportunity to roam all four floors, find where APS staff and departments are now located, and to acquaint yourself with the new meeting room spaces now available for professional development and APS Advisory Committee meetings.
In addition, there will be a ribbon-cutting at 6 p.m. before the first Arlington School Board meeting at the new location. Guests are invited to gather with School Board Members and the APS Executive Leadership Team to make the building official by cutting the ribbon in the new School Board Meeting Room on the 2nd Floor. The School Board meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m.
Click Here to View the Event Flyer
The Arlington Public Schools (APS) Central Office will be relocating to the Syphax Education Center located at 2110 Washington Blvd. Arlington, VA 22204. Starting on March 26, departments currently at the Syphax Education Center on the third and fourth floors will relocate to the first and second floors. Then on April 2, departments currently at the Education Center next to Washington-Lee High School will begin to relocate. All departments are scheduled to be relocated to the Syphax Education Center by May 8.
If you need to visit a department, please contact the department first to confirm their location and operation status because departments may experience temporary periods of downtime during the relocation process. The full relocation schedule and transportation information is available below.
Relocation Dates (Dates subject to change)
- March 26 – 27: Syphax Floor 4 will relocate to Floor 1 – Complete
- March 28 – 29: Syphax Floor 3 will relocate to Floor 2 – Complete
- April 2 – 3: The Office of Planning and Evaluation will relocate to Syphax – Complete
- April 9 – 11: Information Services and the Office of Special Education will relocate to Syphax – Complete
- April 16: The Child Find Program will relocate to Syphax – Complete
- April 17 – 18: School & Community Relations will relocate to Syphax – Complete
- April 18 – 19: Information Services Technicians will relocate to Syphax – Complete
- April 23 – 25: The Office of Special Education and the Office of the Superintendent will relocate to Syphax – Complete
- April 30: The Office of the School Board will relocate to Syphax
- May 1 – 3: Administrative Services and Finance & Management Services will relocate to Syphax
- May 7: Human Resources will relocate to Syphax
The Syphax Education Center is at the intersection of Washington Blvd. and Route 50. FREE parking is available in the garage connected to the Syphax Education Center on the LL, B1, and B2 levels. Take the elevator in the garage to LL (lobby level) to access the Syphax Education Center.
Click here for turn-by-turn directions to the Syphax Education Center.
Click here for public transit information and route numbers.
School Board Information
The School Board Office will be relocating on April 30 to the second floor of the Syphax Education Center. Below is information on important School Board dates during the relocation process:
- The School Board meeting scheduled for April 19 will be held at the Education Center
- The School Board Office hours scheduled for April 30 will be held at the Education Center
- The School Board meeting scheduled for May 3 will be held at the Syphax Education Center
For additional information and updates about the School Board, please visit: https://www.apsva.us/about-the-school-board
Human Resources Information
The Human Resources Department will be relocating to the Syphax Education Center on Friday, May 4. During the time frame from May 4 to May 7, the Human Resources Department will be unable to provide service to visitors and may be temporarily unable to receive phone calls. On Tuesday, May 8, the Human Resources Department will resume all services at its new location on the fourth floor at the Syphax Education Center. For additional information or questions, please contact the Department of Human Resources at 703-228-6189 or email@example.com.