2110 Washington Blvd, Ste.# 260, Arlington, Virginia 22204 Contact the School Board
Arlington School Board is composed of five members who serve overlapping four-year terms. Terms commence on January 1 of the year following the election.
Arlington Public Schools is governed by School Board Policies and Policy Implementation Procedures (PIPs).
Printed copies of policies and PIPs are available upon request by contacting the School Board Office at 703-228-6015, Contact the School Board, or at the Syphax Education Center, 2110 Washington Blvd, in the School Board Office (2nd floor).
School Board meetings are generally held twice a month on Thursdays in the Board Room of the Syphax Education Center. Speakers are allowed at most Board meetings and may have up to two (2) minutes to comment. Detailed directions can be found on the Sign Up to Speak At a School Board Meeting webpage. School Board meetings generally start at 7 PM.
Agendas for each School Board meeting are made public one week prior to the Board meeting and can be viewed on the BoardDocs website under the “Meetings” tab. Board meetings are broadcast live on Comcast Cable Channel 70 and Verizon FIOS Channel 41 and rerun the following Friday at 9 p.m. and the following Monday at 7 p.m.
* Community members interested in the School Board member election process should contact the office of Voter Registration and Elections of Arlington County at 703-228-3456 for more information.
- School Board’s Mission, Vision and Core Values (Adopted June 7, 2018)
- 2018-2024 Strategic Plan
- 2021-2022 School Board Priorities (Adopted September 9, 2021)
- School Board and County Board Revenue Sharing Principles (Readopted October 15, 2015)
- School and Program Liaison Assignments (Adopted July 1, 2022)
- Civic Association Liaison Assignments (Adopted January 6, 2022)