What Does ACI Do?
The Advisory Council on Instruction (ACI) is made up of representatives from each school and certain community organizations to assist in reviewing the system-wide curriculum and instructional program and in developing recommendations for improvement. ACI is made up of 40 to 50 individuals who are familiar with or interested in instructional issues. Fourteen curriculum-based / focused advisory committees report to the council annually. Over the years, ACI has spearheaded some important changes in the Arlington Public Schools curriculum.
All meetings are at Syphax Education Center, 2110 Washington Boulevard, Arlington, VA 22204 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
2019-20 Meeting Schedule
|September 18, 2019 (Syphax, Room 254,256,258)||March 4, 2020 (Syphax, Room 254,256,258)|
|October 2, 2019 (Syphax, Room 254,256,258)||March 18, 2020 (Syphax, Room 254,256/258)|
|November 6, 2019 – Washington-Liberty – 1301 N. Stafford St. Arlington, VA – (Cafeteria)||April 1, 2020 (Syphax, Room 254,256,258)|
|December 4, 2019 (Syphax, Room 254,256,258)||April 22, 2020 (Syphax, Room 254,256,258)|
|January 8, 2020 (Syphax, Room 254,256,258)||May 6, 2020 (Syphax, Room 254,256,258)|
|February 5, 2020 (Syphax, Room 254,256,258)||June 3, 2020 (Syphax, Room 254,256,258)|
|January 28, 2020 – School Board Work Session (ACI members are invited but not required to attend) – Syphax, Room 254,256,258||March 31, 2020 – School Board Work Session (ACI members are invited but not required to attend) – Syphax, Room 254,256,258|
- ACI Roster – School Reps 2018 –
- 2018 School Data Summary Report
- ACI Processes & Protocols
- ACI Rubric Criteria 19-20 SY
- Template: Committees with Recommendations
- Template: Committees without Recommendations
How Can I Get Involved?
- If you are interested in serving as an ACI representative, please contact your school’s PTA President to express your interest.
- Community organizations, such as the League of Women Voters and the Arlington Chamber of Commerce, also designate ACI members. Contact the head of the organization to learn more about these opportunities.
- Members of instructional program committees report to ACI. If you are interested in serving on an instructional advisory committee, you are invited to click on this link to apply online.
For additional information, you are also welcome to call the Department of Teaching and Learning at 703-228-6060.