Welcome from School Board Chair
Welcome from ACI Co-Chairs
- Meeting Dates (Updated 10/20/16)
- Reporting Schedule (Updated 10/20/16)
- Advisory Committee meeting schedule
- ACI Processes & Protocols
- Template: Committees with Recommendations
- Template: Committees without Recommendations
What Does ACI Do?
The Advisory Council on Instruction (ACI) is made up of representatives from each school and certain community organizations to assist in reviewing the system-wide curriculum and instructional program and in developing recommendations for improvement. ACI is made up of 40 to 50 individuals appointed by the School Board who are familiar with or interested in instructional issues. Fourteen curriculum-based / focused advisory committees report to the council annually. Over the years, ACI has spearheaded some important changes in the Arlington Public Schools curriculum.
How Can I Get Involved?
- If you are interested in serving as an ACI representative, please contact your school’s PTA President to express your interest.
- Community organizations, such as the League of Women Voters and the Arlington Chamber of Commerce, also designate ACI members. Contact the head of the organization to learn more about these opportunities.
- Members of the 16 instructional program committees that report to ACI are appointed by the School Board. If you are interested in serving on an instructional advisory committee, you are invited to click on this link to apply online.
For additional information, you are also welcome to call the Department of Instruction at 703-228-6145.
When Does ACI Meet?
ACI meets once or twice a month. All meetings are held at the Syphax Education Center, 2110 Washington Blvd. and begin at 7:00 pm.
All meetings: 2110 Washington Blvd. Rms 101/103
September 13 – (Tuesday) School Board Reception
Reception @ 6:30pm
Meeting @ 7:00pm
October – 5 & 19
November – 2 & 16
December – 7
January – 18
January 26 – Work Session
Attendance: staff liaisons & committee chairs only
February – 15
March – NO MEETING
April – 5 & 19
May – 17