Enrolling in a Dual Enrollment course in your high school

  1. Discuss your plan to take a dual enrollment class offered at the high school with your parent or guardian, and high school counselor.
  2. Meet with the counselor or teacher to receive the Dual Enrollment Intent Form and also receive information on how to apply to NOVA online and the testing dates for taking the placement tests at your high school.  Please see the placement testing website for more information.
  3. Take the required placement test(s) if you do not meet the exemption through PSAT, SAT, ACT, AP or SOL results.  View possible exemptions
  4. Complete and submit the required Intent to Dual Enroll Form to your high school guidance office or Dual Enrollment teacher
  5. You may go to the nearest campus to get a NOVACard, or arrangements can be made for photos to be taken at your high school and a card made for you.  Go to the NOVACard website for more information about services and advantages
  6. As a student in a contract dual enrollment class, you do not individually register for class(es) or pay NOVA directly.  Needed paperwork is collected by the high school.  The entire class will be enrolled by NOVA’s Office of Dual Enrollment (ODE) and the school district will be invoiced for the classes offered within the high school.  Students should not submit payment to NOVA for contract courses offered within the high school.