Vision: Water Safety, fitness, and fun for all citizens
Mission: Inclusive and equitable access to swimming, water safety, therapy, and fitness instruction to all members of the community.
FITNESS SCHOOL (Shallow and Deep Water Aerobics Courses)
APS Aquatics Fitness School will offer several water exercise courses on weekday mornings, midday, and evening. Courses are available on a drop-in basis, and reservations can be made by using the APS Aquatics Portal. New users, please CLICK HERE to set up an account.
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Log in to the APS Self-Service Portal
- Using the Calendar on the Portal, select the day/date of the class you want to book.
- Select the Class (Classes are listed by Pool and time).
- Click on “BOOK”.
- If you have already purchased a single or 8-pack, a window will appear saying “booking successful”
- If you do not have an open session, you will be prompted to “BUY A PACKAGE”
- Follow the screen prompts to buy a package.
- Once you complete the purchase, proceed with the Booking; you will get a “booking successful” window.
- You will need to book each day individually by advancing the calendar page to the date/day you want to take a class.
Water Exercise: This instructor lead session, will guide participants through a water movement routine designed to develop and increase flexibility, muscle endurance, and strength, cardiovascular and overall fitness. The session is held in shallow/deep water and uses equipment such as dumbbells, and noodles. The activities are suitable for all levels of fitness including those coping with arthritis or general mobility challenges.
Deep Water Exercise: This course will guide participants through a routine that will help increase flexibility, endurance, and strength. The session is held in deep water which increases the cardio-vascular benefit of the activity, emphasizes good posture, and increases the overall intensity and benefit of the exercises. Jogging belts, noodles, and dumbbells are used. Although not an advanced class, students report this course to be a bit more challenging than Water Exercise.
Poolates: Currently NOT AVAILABLE. This course, based on the fitness concepts used by Pilates, focuses on movements that fully engage the core and back muscles, and emphasize good posture. The course is held in a combination of shallow and deep water and uses jogging belts, dumbbells, and noodles to increase resistance and assist with isolating the muscle groups while moving in the water.
Below are the current Course offerings and schedule by the pool. This is subject to change based on pool and instructor availability:
The master schedule is subject to change based on availability. Please use the booking schedule to confirm class availability and start time.