Open Office Hours is a forum for Board members to listen to comments and concerns and to discuss various topics with community members. Each Board member will share what they heard during Open Office Hours with the entire Board and the Superintendent.
Community members are welcome to meet with a Board member during Virtual Open Office Hours. The School Board generally holds Open Office Hours on Mondays when school is in session unless otherwise noted. Open Office Hours are not held during Winter or Spring Break or over the summer.
To participate, individuals must sign-up ahead of time using the SignUpGenius link posted the Friday before Open Office Hours and select a time slot for an individual meeting. (Date and/or time are subject to change).
To sign-up for the September 26, 2023, Open Office Hours, please click below. The link will be available until 10 a.m. on the day of Open Office Hours.
Upcoming Open Office Hours
|Date||School Board Member||Time|
|9/26/2023 (Tues.)||David Priddy||5 – 7 p.m.|
|10/10/2023 (Tues.)||Reid Goldstein||6 – 8 p.m.|
|10/23/2023||Mary Kadera and Bethany Zecher Sutton
(In Person at the Central Library. Details on the format of the meeting will be posted closer to the date)
|6 – 8 p.m.|
|11/6/2023||Cristina Diaz-Torres||6 – 8 p.m.|
|11/20/2023||Mary Kadera||7 – 9 p.m.|
|12/4/2023||Reid Goldstein||5 – 7 p.m.|
|12/18/2023||David Priddy||5 – 7 p.m.|
|1/16/2024 (Tues)||Bethany Zecher Sutton||7 – 9 p.m.|
|1/30/2024 (Tues)||Mary Kadera||7 – 9 p.m.|
|2/12/2024||New School Board Member||TBD|
|2/27/2024 (Tues)||Cristina Diaz-Torres||6 – 8 p.m.|
|3/11/2024||David Priddy||5 – 7 p.m.|
|4/1/2024||Mary Kadera||7 – 9 p.m.|
|4/16/2024 (Tues)||Bethany Zecher Sutton||7 – 9 p.m.|
|4/29/2024||David Priddy||5 – 7 p.m.|
|5/13/2024||Cristina Diaz-Torres||6 – 8 p.m.|
|5/28/2024 (Tues)||New Board Member||TBD|
|6/10/2024||Bethany Zecher Sutton||7 – 9 p.m.|
|6/24/2024||Mary Kadera||7 – 9 p.m.|
During Open Office Hours:
- Participants will have 5 minutes to address the Board member
- At the end of the 5 minutes, the individual meeting will end so that the Board member can move on to the next participant.
- Participants are expected to be courteous, respectful, and mindful of the 5-minute time frame. If a participant is disruptive, it may be necessary for the Board member to end the meeting early.
- Personnel matters are confidential. Visitors are asked to respect that confidentiality; the School Board member cannot comment nor offer their individual opinion on such matters. This silence should not be treated as an indication of any particular position on the matter.
- Statements that personally attack individuals or do not relate to Arlington Public Schools’ business are not appropriate for discussion. You will be asked to limit your remarks to issues related to Arlington Public Schools’ business.
- Participants are welcome to share their comments in writing by sending them to firstname.lastname@example.org. A copy of the remarks will be distributed to all Board members.
Please contact the School Board Office at 703-228-6015 or email@example.com if you have any questions.