Middle School Honors Chorus (grades 6-8)
- Please note that the Middle School Honors Chorus is open to ALL Arlington Public School Middle School students
- Students are encouraged to participate in their school’s choral program, but it is not a prerequisite for participation in the Honors Chorus
- 6th graders who are accepted into the Honors Chorus may also participate in the Junior Honors Band or Junior Honors Orchestra, after a successful audition
- 7th and 8th graders may choose to participate in only one of these groups: Honors Band, Honors Orchestra, or Honors Chorus
- Christian Banach directs the Middle Schools Honors Chorus, The accompanist is Nadim Nader
- Auditions are on Thursday, November 7, 2019 – 5:00 – 8:00 PM, at Kenmore Middle School.
- 5:00 – 6:00 PM – 6th Grade
- 6:00 – 7:00 PM – 7th Grade
- 7:00 – 8:00 PM – 8th Grade
- If unable to come at the designated time, sign up for a different time slot
- Check in for all students begins 15 minutes before the assigned audition slot
- Registration times will be selected on the online registration form. Please sign up for the times indicated above
- All auditions, rehearsals, and concerts are at Kenmore Middle School
Rehearsals and Performance:
- Rehearsal, Wednesday, Jan. 22, 2020, 5:30-8:00 PM
- Rehearsal, Thursday, Jan. 23, 2020, 5:30-8:00 PM
- Rehearsal, Friday, Jan. 24, 2020, 5:30-8:30 PM
- Dress Rehearsals, Saturday, Jan. 25, 2:00 – 3:30 PM
- In the event of a snow day, dress rehearsals on Saturday, January 25 may be lengthened
- Concert – Saturday, Jan. 25, 2020, 4:00 PM – Kenmore MS
- Snow Make-Up Date for the concert is Monday, January 27, 2020, 7:00 PM, Kenmore MS
Registration Materials for Middle School Honors Chorus (grades 6, 7 & 8)
Registration Materials for Middle School Honors Chorus in Spanish (grades 6, 7 & 8)
Audition Music and Materials for Middle School Honors Chorus (grades 6, 7 & 8)
Singer Instructions: Choose the voice part that matches your voice best. Download the Audition Sheet Music that matches the vocal range that you chose, and sing along to the Piano Accompaniment. If you have questions or would like some help with this, speak to the chorus teacher at your school, who will be happy to assist.
- During the audition, the piano will only play the introduction and singers will perform a cappella.
- Accepted singers will be expected to sing a variety of voice parts within the ensemble.
- MP3 files are now housed on Soundcloud.
- Piano Accompaniment mp3 files:
- PDFs of 2019 – 2020 Audition Music
- The folder, below, is reserved for practice tracks for the MS Honors Chorus