IMPORTANT UPDATE: Genworth Life Insurance Company has notified the Virginia Retirement System (VRS) that the company will no longer accept new enrollees in the Commonwealth of Virginia (COV) Voluntary Long-Term Care Insurance program, effective December 31, 2016. This change is a result of parent company Genworth Financial Inc.’s ongoing restructuring plan.
In 2010, VRS entered into an agreement for the COV long-term care plan with Genworth. That agreement remains in place at this time, and Genworth has confirmed it will honor the terms of all current policies as well as any received through December 31, 2016. VRS will continue to keep employers and members informed. To view the full text of the message from Genworth’s President and CEO, visit the Genworth website.
Arlington Public Schools offers employees the opportunity to participate in The Commonwealth of Virginia Voluntary Group Long Term Care (LTC) Insurance Program, underwritten by Genworth Life Insurance Co.
If you apply for LTC coverage within 60 days from your date of employment or the date you became benefits-eligible, and if you are under age 80, you can qualify for coverage with no medical underwriting. You apply for LTC coverage directly with Genworth and Genworth will determine your effective date of coverage.
Eligible employees, their spouses, and eligible family members are able to apply at any time for LTC coverage, however they will be required to go through full medical underwriting if applying for coverage outside of the eligibility period.
To generate a quote or apply for Group Long Term Care coverage, go to www.genworth.com/cov.
If you are an Administrative employee, enter code 40106 (listed as Arlington Public Schools) in the Employer/Agency field. If you are a Non-Administrative employee, enter code 55506 (listed as Arlington County Schools) in the Employer/Agency field.
For benefit questions, assistance with generating a quote, or assistance with applying online, call Genworth at 1-866-859-6060.
Why consider Long Term Care Insurance?
- Preserve your savings and other assets
- Protect your family and friends from the difficulties of care giving
- Stay in your home as long as possible
- Maintain a level of independence and control of your life
What does Long Term Care Insurance cover?
- Care at home and in the community
- Care in Assisted Living Facilities
- Care In a Nursing Home.
Who is eligible to apply for Long Term Care Insurance?
Eligible persons include:
- Actively at work salaried full-time or part-time Commonwealth of Virginia employees who work at least 20 hours per week
- Actively at work full-time and part-time employees and faculty (including adjunct) of a Virginia Public Institution of Higher Education who work at least 20 hours per week
- Actively at work full-time, part-time or other employees of any participating Virginia school division, city, county, town or political subdivision who work at least 20 hours per week
- Terminated employees of any employer participating in a retirement plan administered by VRS (regardless of whether or not the employee participates in the VRS administered retirement plan) wh have five or more years of service; are not an active employee or retiree of any local government or school system in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Retirees of:
- The Commonwealth of Virginia
- Virginia Public Institutions of Higher Education
- Any school division, city, county, town or political subdivision that participates in one of the retirement plans administered by VRS
- Any school division, city, county, town or political subdivision that does not participate in any of the retirement plans administered by VRS but has elected to participate in the Commonwealth of Virginia Voluntary Group Long Term Care Insurance Program
Retirees and other family members may apply up to age 80. Eligible family members include:
- The spouse of an eligible person
- The parents and parents-in-law of an eligible person
- Step parents and step parents-in-law of an eligible person
- The grandparents and grandparents-in-law of an eligible person
- The step grandparents and step grandparents-in-law of an eligible person
- The adult children of an eligible person
For more information, please click here for the Outline of Coverage.