The School Board recognizes the importance of maintaining the physical and mental well-being of its employees. All employees regularly scheduled to work 15 or more hours per week in a benefits-eligible position are eligible for enrollment in the group Medical, Dental, and Vision plans.
Employees may select vision coverage for themselves and their eligible family members from:
- Vision Service Plan (VSP)
Vision Coverage Plan Year: January 1st through December 31st
The vision plan operates on a calendar year basis and the plan renews January 1st. An open enrollment period is held annually, at which time employees can elect or make changes to their vision coverage.
2018 Employee Contribution Schedule for Active Employees
Go to the Benefits Home Page to view the 2018 Employee Contribution Schedule for Active Employees.
After each pay date, review your current deductions on your pay stub and notify the Benefits Department immediately of a discrepancy. You can view your pay stub and view your current benefit elections via your STARS APS Employee Self-Service account. To access your STARS account, go to the Tools section on the Staff Central page.
Newly Hired Benefits-Eligible Employees and Current Employees Newly Eligible for Benefits
To make your benefit election, go to the Benefits Home Page to download and print the APS Benefits Enrollment and Change Form. Send your completed form to the Benefits Department to the address printed at the bottom of the form.
What’s New in 2018?
Vision Service Plan (VSP): No plan changes for 2018
Using your Vision Service Plan (VSP) benefit is easy:
- Go to aps.vspforme.com to:
- view benefit information
- access the VSP Signature provider network
- create an online VSP account
- You can also call VSP at 1-800-877-7195 for assistance with finding a VSP Signature provider, and get answers to your benefit questions.
- You will not receive an ID card from VSP and no ID card is necessary to receive services. At your appointment, tell them you have VSP. If you’d like a card as a reference, you can print one after you have created an online VSP account.
2018 Benefit Information:
Applies to full-time and part-time benefits-eligible employees, employees on an approved leave status, and COBRA participants.
- VSP 2018 Evidence of Coverage (EOC)
- VSP 2018 Benefit Summary
- VSP Exclusive Member Extras
- VSP Eyeconic
- VSP TruHearing discount program
- VSP at Your Fingertips
2017 Benefit Information: