Every two years Arlington Public Schools (APS) develops a ten-year Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) to address future facility needs. The CIP responds to requirements for new facilities, additions and renewals of existing schools, and other student accommodation needs as set forth in the Arlington Facilities and Student Accommodation Plan (AFSAP). In addition to major construction projects, the CIP also addresses minor construction and major maintenance needs. The CIP serves as a project planning and financial planning document for the ten-year period.
NEW! – FY 2019 – 2028 Capital Improvement Plan
- Upcoming Dates
- April 24: CIP Work Session #1 in Education Center Room 101A at 7:00 p.m
- May 3: Superintendent’s Proposed FY 2019-28 CIP (Information Item)
- May 7: CIP Work Session #2
- May 15: CIP Work Session #3
- May 22: CIP Work Session #4
- May 29: Joint School Board/County Work Session
- June 7: School Board’s FY 2019-28 CIP (Information Item)
- June 21: School Board’s Adopted FY 2019-28 CIP
- Find out more about the development of the FY 2019-28 CIP:
CIP FY 2019 – 2028 Engage website
- Watch School Board Work Sessions live and view past work sessions.
- Work sessions are opened to the public but no comments are accepted.
Click here for information on public comment during regular meetings and hearings.
Dates listed above are subject to change.
FY 2017 – 2026 Capital Improvement Plan
FY 2015 – 2024 Capital Improvement Plan
- FY 2015-2024 Capital Improvement Plan (PDF)
- FAQ About the 2016 School Bond
FY 2013 – 2022 Capital Improvement Plan
- FY 2013-2022 Capital Improvement Plan (PDF)
- FY 2013-2022 CIP Powerpoint Presentation
- 2012 School Bond FAQ (English) | Español
FY 2011 – 2016 Capital Improvement Plan
- FY 2011-16 Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) (PDF)
- FY 2011-16 CIP PowerPoint Presentation (PDF)
- May 6 News Release
- School Bond FAQ (PDF) English | Spanish