Para más información por favor haga clic aquí.
Career Center Working Group: About | Charge, Appointees & Staff | Library Sub-Committee | Meeting Dates | Presentations & Meeting Notes | FAQs and Comments | Share Your Thoughts | Podcast | Additional Resources
Why is the School Board Adding Additional High School Seats at the Career Center?
The School Board is planning for the expected growth in high school enrollment. The School Board has approved the planning for 700-800 additional high school seats to be added at the Career Center, and a long-range site plan is also currently being developed for consideration. All existing programs at the site will continue to exist; there is potential for some programs to move to a different location.
Who will lead this work?
The Arlington County Board and the Arlington Public Schools Board have created a joint Career Center Working Group that will recommend how the Career Center site may be developed in phases to accommodate more high school capacity and new community amenities. The working group is supported by APS and ACG staff.
What is the timeline? (updated 8/21/18)
Here is the tentative meeting schedule and some key milestones:
- November 2017: Career Center Working Group (CCWG) charge adopted and members appointed
- December 2017: Career Center Working Group commences work
- Mid-2018: The CCWG shall submit a progress report and/or meet with School Board and County Board in a work session
- August 2018: The CCWG will submit a final report to the School and County Boards
- Fall 2019: The Building Level Planning Committee (BLPC) and Public Facilities Review Committee (PFRC) begin planning processes to design the 800+ additional seats
- Building opens in 2025
How can I get involved?
Working Group meetings are open to the public and there will be opportunities to provide input to help shape recommendations to the School Board.