All interested candidates must register and complete an online summer school application to be considered for a summer school position. All applications are screened to verify that all required information has been submitted. Applications are not processed unless all required information has been submitted. Incomplete applications are invalidated and deleted.
All summer school teachers must have a valid Virginia teaching license in the subject area for which they are hired.
Online application instructions and requirements:
- You may return to your application at any time to check your status, make changes, additions, or to select another posted position in which you are interested.
- Do not submit more than one summer school application. If you applied last year, please use the User ID and password combination you created last year.
- If you do not remember your password, click here to have your password hint displayed or have your password sent to the e-mail address you used when registering.
- If you do not remember your User ID, please email email@example.com with your name and phone number.
- Fields marked with a red arrow are required. The system will not allow you to submit your application until all required fields are completed.
- There are specific instructions on formatting the file prior to uploading. Please read the instructions within the application for this information.
- Dates must be entered in the formats indicated. If a field asks for a whole number, you cannot enter a decimal point or it will be returned with an error message.
- Upon completion of each page within the application, use the Continue/Save button at the bottom of each page. If you do not use the Continue/Save button your information will not be saved. There will be a list at the left to keep you informed of your progress.
- To apply for a specific position, please select that position from the drop down menu of open positions in the “employment preferences” section of the application.
- Non-APS employees are required to complete past work history and provide references.
- Current Arlington Public School employees are not required to complete the past work history and reference sections of the application.
- Current Arlington Public School employees are not required to submit a resume or transcripts.
- When all sections are complete, click the SUBMIT button and your application will be sent to Human Resources. You must successfully submit your application before it will show in the system.
- Upon successful submission of your online application form, you will receive an automatic email confirmation.
Requested Documents for NON-APS employees to Complete a Summer School Application:
- Resume: An up-to-date resume with all work experience.
- License (For Teaching Positions Only): Submit copies of teaching licenses or letter of eligibility for a Virginia license.