Each year, Arlington Public Schools recognizes the hard work and dedication of our staff through our Principal, Teacher and Support Employee of the Year awards. This year, APS received nominations from the entire community for the principal and teacher awards. Considering the large number of teachers nominated by the community, and the valiant effort by teachers to support students throughout the pandemic, we are honoring not only a division-wide Teacher of the Year, but also teachers at the other levels so that all are represented– elementary, middle and high school. The Support Employee of the Year process was open for internal nominations only, and it also garnered many excellent nominations representing every employee scale.
We will be honoring the winners at our Celebration of Excellence reception and ceremony on May 4, 2022, starting at 5 p.m. at Washington-Liberty High School.
APS Teacher of the Year – High School: Iris Gibson
Langston High School Continuation Program
Middle School Teacher of the Year: Katie Willet
Williamsburg Middle School
Elementary School Teacher of the Year: Brittany Oman
Arlington Science Focus School
- A-Scale: Aurelia Sicha, Instructional Assistant, Thomas Jefferson Middle School
- C-Scale: Estela Reyes, Food Services, Carlin Springs,
- D-Scale: Mariflor Ventura, Bus Attendant, Trades Center,
- E-Scale: Dr. Keith Reeves, Instructional Technology Coordinator, Discovery Elementary School,
- G-Scale: Jonathan Martinez, Administrative Assistant, Special Education, Syphax Education Center
- M-Scale: Rosaura Palacios, Custodian, Trades Center
- X-Scale: Irma Sierra, Extended Day, Arlington Science Focus School