We are so proud of our graduating seniors! Graduation and promotion ceremonies will be held according to the schedule below.
View tips for helping students celebrate safely
Share your student success stories and photos using #APSGrad23!
|School Name||Date||Time||Location||Youtube Link
(or watch livestream below)
|Shriver||June 9||1:00 p.m.||H-B Woodlawn Auditorium||Watch on Youtube|
|Arlington Career Center||June 13||6:00 p.m.||W-L Auditorium||Watch on Youtube|
|Langston||June 14||1:00 p.m.||W-L Auditorium||Watch on Youtube|
|H-B Woodlawn||June 14||6:15 p.m.||H-B Woodlawn Auditorium||Watch on Youtube|
|Washington-Liberty||June 15||10:00 a.m.||DAR Constitution Hall||Watch on Youtube|
|Yorktown||June 15||3:00 p.m.||DAR Constitution Hall||Watch on Youtube|
|Wakefield||June 15||7:30 p.m.||DAR Constitution Hall||Watch on Youtube|
|Arlington Community High School||June 16||9:30 a.m.||W-L Auditorium||Watch on Youtube|
Graduations will be broadcast on our TV Channels – Verizon FiOS channel 41 and Comcast Xfinity Channels 1090 in HD or Channel 70 in Standard Definition. You can watch on Youtube using the links above, or watch the Livestream here:
Parent Tips for Keeping Teens Safe
It’s time to celebrate prom and graduation season! But one bad decision can result in tragedy, not just for a young person, but for family members, friends, and our entire community. Please help protect your student’s future by providing a safe, alcohol-free season of celebrations!
Here are some tips before you start taking pictures and sending them on their way:
- Talk to your children. Make it clear that you do NOT approve of them drinking alcohol, even on this special occasion.
- Talk to them about the risks associated with drinking, including alcohol poisoning, unwanted sexual advances, poor impulse control, risky choices, and legal consequences. Let them know that you want this to be a time they will remember without using alcohol or drugs.
- Do not serve or allow alcohol or drugs at any party you are hosting.
- Make sure your teen has a plan for the night, and you know what it is. Clarify your expectation that if the plan changes, you will be contacted immediately.
- Know what party (parties) your teenager is attending and verify there will be parental supervision and that it will be alcohol-free.
- Do not rent hotel rooms for prom-goers.
- Know who is driving – several limousine companies provide a Prom Pledge that prohibits alcohol or drugs in the vehicle.
- Talk to your teenager’s friends’ parents to ensure the expectation that no alcohol or drugs will be permitted.
- Remind your teenager that there are legal and school consequences for using drugs and alcohol at school-related events.