If you have a concern, inquiry, or suggestion, we want to help! Please follow the guide below to make sure you get to the correct person or department so your issue can be resolved promptly.
Start With Your Student’s School
Many questions or issues involving a specific student can be resolved at the school level. Start by contacting your child’s teacher, school support staff, or the front office.
|Type of Concern, Inquiry or Suggestion||Who to Contact||Who to Contact If You Do Not Receive a Response|
|Student or Classroom Specific||
||Principal or Assistant Principal|
|Division-wide||Use the options below/fill out the form||Superintendent’s Cabinet|
|Initiative Engagement Process||Engage@apsva.us||Project Lead|
NEW! FAMILY INFORMATION LINE
(NOTE: For attendance issues, please contact your student’s school directly; do NOT use this Family Information Line)
APS now has a central Family Information Line! Call the number above with questions concerning:
- Transportation Services : Press 1
- or email email@example.com
- Virtual Learning Program : Press 2
- or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration / School Options : Press 3
- or email email@example.com
- Extended Day : Press 4
- or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Food Services : Press 5
- Tech Support : Press 6
- or use the School Tech Help Online Form
- General Questions : Press 0
- Contact the School Board in writing, by phone, and in person.
- Search our Staff Directory
- Use our contact form below
Contact the District:
(For specific school contacts, please visit the individual school sites by using the “Our Schools” menu at the top of this site)
Please be aware that correspondence through email is subject to the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). This means that your correspondence may be made public if (1) it deals with APS business, and (2) someone requests it – even if you have asked that your message be kept confidential. Only a few topics are exempt from the Virginia disclosure requirements such as communications about identifiable students and personnel information about individual employees.