For the 2021-2022 school year, the School Board will hold Open Office Hours twice a month on Monday evenings or, due to holidays, Tuesday mornings. Open Office Hours is a forum for Board members to listen to comments and concerns, and to discuss various topics with community members. Each Board member will share what they heard during Open Office Hours with the entire Board and the Superintendent.
- Personnel matters are confidential. Visitors are asked to respect that confidentiality; the School Board member cannot comment, nor offer their individual opinion, on such matters. This silence should not be treated as indication of any particular position on the matter.
- Statements that personally attack individuals or do not relate to Arlington Public Schools’ business are not appropriate for discussion. You will be asked to limit your remarks to issues that are related to Arlington Public Schools’ business.
Board members will meet individually with participants to ensure everyone has the same opportunity to share their opinions. To participate, individuals must sign up ahead of time using the SignUpGenius link that will be posted below the Friday before Open Office Hours and select a time slot for an individual meeting.
Before Open Office Hours:
- There are 12 individual slots to accommodate participants during the Open Office Hours timeframe
- If several community members are interested in speaking about the same topic, please sign up at the link above and send an email to email@example.com with the list of participants so staff can send an invite to everyone in the group.
- Staff will send an invitation for a Microsoft Teams meeting two hours before the meeting
- For assistance using Microsoft Teams, visit https://www.apsva.us/digital-learning/digital-learning-device-help/teams/
During Open Office Hours:
- Participants will have 5 minutes to address the Board member
- At the end of the 5 minutes, the individual meeting will end so that the Board member can move on to the next participant
- Participants are expected to be courteous, respectful, and mindful of the 5-minute timeframe. If a participant is disruptive, it may be necessary for the Board member to end the meeting early
After Open Office Hours:
- Participants are welcome to share their comments in writing by sending them to firstname.lastname@example.org. A copy of remarks will be distributed to all Board members.
Please contact the School Board Office at 703-228-6015 or email@example.com if you have any questions.
SY 2021-2022 Open Office Hours Schedule (Calendar is subject to change)
|Monday, October 4, 2021||Monique O’Grady||6:30 – 8:30 PM|
|Monday, October 18, 2021||Reid Goldstein||7:30 – 9:30 PM|
|Monday, November 1, 2021||David Priddy||7:30 – 9:30 PM|
|Tuesday, November 16, 2021||Barbara Kanninen||8:30 – 10:30 AM|
|Monday, December 6, 2021||Monique O’Grady||6:30 – 8:30 PM|
|Tuesday, January 18, 2022||Barbara Kanninen||8:30 – 10:30 AM|
|Monday, February 7, 2022||David Priddy||5:30 – 7:30 PM|
|Tuesday, February 22, 2022||Barbara Kanninen||8:30 – 10:30 AM|
|Monday, March 7, 2022||New Board Member||TBD|
|Monday, March 21, 2022||Cristina Diaz-Torres||7 – 9 PM|
|Monday, April 4, 2022||Reid Goldstein||5:30 – 7:30 PM|
|Tuesday, April 19, 2022||TBD||TBD|
|Monday, May 2, 2022||Cristina Diaz-Torres||7 – 9 PM|
|Monday, May 16, 2022||New Board Member||TBD|
|Monday, June 6, 2022||Reid Goldstein||5:30 – 7:30 PM|
Updated September 24, 2021