Citizens are welcome to meet with a Board member during Open Office Hours. The School Board generally holds Open Office Hours on Mondays on days that school is in session. If school is not in session on Monday due to a holiday or grade preparation day, Open Office Hours are held on the next regular school day from 8:30 to 10:30 AM. Open Office Hours are not held during Winter or Spring Break or over the summer.
As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, School Board members will host Open Office Hours virtually. Information on how to sign up for upcoming Open Office Hours will be shared via the School Talk APS Friday 5 email message and posted on the APS homepage on Friday afternoons.
Open Office Hours will be utilized as a forum for Board members to listen to comments and concerns. Each Board member will share what they heard during Open Office Hours with the entire Board and the Superintendent. After reviewing community feedback and careful consideration of concerns, the Board recognizes that the open meeting format is not always a productive medium for participants to share their comments. Starting with the April 5 Open Office Hours, Board members will meet individually with participants to ensure everyone has the same opportunity to share their opinions.
Before Open Office Hours:
- To participate in Open Office Hours you must sign up via the SignUpGenius link at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080F44ADAF29A7FA7-school35
- There are 26 individual slots to accommodate participants during the Open Office Hours timeframe
- Staff will send an invitation for a Microsoft Teams meeting two hours before the meeting
- For assistance using Microsoft Teams, visit https://www.apsva.us/digital-learning/digital-learning-device-help/teams/
During Open Office Hours:
- Participants will have 2 minutes to address the Board member
- At the end of the 2 minutes, the individual meeting will end so that the Board member can move on to the next participant
- Participants are expected to be courteous, respectful, and mindful of the 2-minute timeframe. If a participant is disruptive, it may be necessary for the Board member to end the meeting early
After Open Office Hours:
- Participants are welcome to share their comments in writing by sending them to email@example.com. A copy of remarks will be distributed to all Board members.
Open Office Schedule for SY 2020-2021
|Reid Goldstein||June 14, 2021||5 – 7 PM (New Time)|
Updated June 11, 2021