Español | Монгол | አማርኛ | عربى
(Clicking on a link will take you to an automatically “machine-translated” page. As with all machine translations, there may be inaccuracies. We are working to update our translations as quickly as possible.)
Resources for Families
- “My kid’s school is closed, so now what?” (Confident Parents, Confident Kids) – tips for dealing with stress, creating routines, handling siblings, creating a family “Coping Kit,”, and more
- NPR for Kids: Exploring the Coronavirus
- Tips for Discussing Coronavirus with Children (National Association of School Psychologists and National Association of School Nurses)
- Talking to Kids about the Coronavirus (Child Mind Institute)
- NBC: How to Talk to Kids
- Local Resources for Families – a helpful list of resources for mental health, food, housing, technology and more, prepared by the Arlington Career Center staff
- CDC COVID-19 website
- Va. Department of Health COVID-19 webpage
- Va. Department of Health FAQ about COVID-19
- Arlington County COVID-19 webpage
- Arlington County Printable Fact Sheet
Download a Handwashing Poster for your own bathroom!
If you have questions about your child’s health or attendance at school, please contact the school directly. If parents or guardians have questions about the COVID-19 illness, contact the School Health Bureau at 703-228-1651. APS will continue to follow PHD and School Health Bureau guidelines, and will update our webpages as warranted with new developments.