Dr. Jeannette Allen, Interim Assistant Superintendent
Dr. Gregg Robertson, Interim Director (.5)
Meg Tuccillo, Interim Director (.5)
Zachary Pope, Director, Safety, Security, Risk and Emergency Management
Michael Hodges, Risk Manager
Amber Davis, Lead Accident Investigator
James Powell, Security Coordinator
Vacant, Safety Specialist
Sharon Goode, Executive Administrative Specialist
Amanda Villatoro, Administrative Assistant
The Department of Administrative Services is responsible for a number of activities that affect the overall climate in the Arlington Public Schools. Among the areas covered by the Department are the following:
- Principals’ Support: Overseeing the responsibilities of school principals and providing support and guidance on administrative issues.
- Safety, Security, Risk and Emergency Management: Collaborating with public safety and health officials to develop effective plans in case of emergency or crisis situations in the schools or the community.
- Student Discipline: Administering on behalf of the Superintendent of Schools the student discipline program, including appeals of disciplinary actions taken at the school-level.
- Serious Incident Reporting: Monitoring all serious incident reports and reporting as appropriate to local and state authorities.
- School Safety Audits and Security: Ensuring that schools carry out the required school safety audits and keep their school security plans up to date.
- Arlington County Police Department: Serving as liaison to the ACPD vis-à-vis School Resource Officers, school crossing guards, and other issues concerning student safety and security.
- Student Advisory Board: Providing staff support as the liaison for the students who serve on the Arlington School Board’s Student Advisory Board.
- Arlington Partnership for Children, Youth, and Families: Representing the Arlington Public Schools to the Arlington Partnership.
- Aspiring Leaders: Succession planning series of professional learning opportunities to help promote and strengthen leadership within APS.
We recently worked with the Arlington Police Department to develop a brochure about interacting with Law Enforcement.
Download the new brochure “Know Your Rights”