Dr. Jeannette Allen, Director
Sharrin Saintil, Student Climate Coordinator
Desiree Armstrong, Administrative Specialist
Meg Tuccillo, Temporary Policy Liaison (.5)
The Department of School Climate & Culture is responsible for a number of activities that affect the overall climate in the Arlington Public Schools. Among the areas covered by the Department are the following:
- Student Discipline: Administering on behalf of the Superintendent of Schools the student discipline program, including appeals of disciplinary actions taken at the school-level.
- Serious Incident Reporting: Monitoring all serious incident reports and reporting as appropriate to local and state authorities.
- Student Advisory Board: Providing staff support as the liaison for the students who serve on the Arlington School Board’s Student Advisory Board.
- Arlington Partnership for Children, Youth, and Families: Representing the Arlington Public Schools to the Arlington Partnership.
- Aspiring Leaders: Succession planning series of professional learning opportunities to help promote and strengthen leadership within APS.
We worked with the Arlington Police Department to develop a brochure about interacting with Law Enforcement.
Know Your Rights: Interacting with Law Enforcement brochure | Conozca sus derechos: su guía para interactuar con la policía