Cintia Z. Johnson, Assistant Superintendent
Dr. Jeannette Allen, Director
Zachary Pope, Emergency Manager
Sharon Goode, Executive Administrative Specialist
Amanda Villatoro, Administrative Assistant
The Department of Administrative Services is responsible for a number of activities that affect the overall climate in the Arlington Public Schools. Among the areas covered by the Department are the following:
- Principals’ Support: Overseeing the responsibilities of school principals and providing support and guidance on administrative issues.
- Emergency Management: Collaborating with public safety and health officials to develop effective plans in case of emergency or crisis situations in the schools or the community.
- Student Discipline: Administering on behalf of the Superintendent of Schools the student discipline program, including appeals of disciplinary actions taken at the school-level.
- Serious Incident Reporting: Monitoring all serious incident reports and reporting as appropriate to local and state authorities.
- School Safety Audits and Security: Ensuring that schools carry out the required school safety audits and keep their school security plans up to date.
- Arlington County Police Department: Serving as liaison to the ACPD vis-à-vis School Resource Officers, school crossing guards, and other issues concerning student safety and security.
- Student Advisory Board: Providing staff support as the liaison for the students who serve on the Arlington School Board’s Student Advisory Board.
- Arlington Partnership for Children, Youth, and Families: Representing the Arlington Public Schools to the Arlington Partnership.
- Aspiring Leaders: Succession planning series of professional learning opportunities to help promote and strengthen leadership within APS.
We recently worked with the Arlington Police Department to develop a brochure about interacting with Law Enforcement.
Download the new brochure “Know Your Rights”