With ParentSquare families can:
- Receive messages from school via email, text or mobile app.
- Choose to receive information as it comes (Instant) or all at once at around 6:00pm (daily digest).
- Communicate in your preferred language.
- Two-way text with automated translation between staff and families.
- Receive attendance notifications.
- Sign up for parent-teacher conferences and more all from your computer or mobile device.
Join us for APS ParentSquare support sessions!
- Harvey Hall
- Thursday, Nov. 3oth
- 5:30-6:30 p.m
- Randolph Elementary
- Tuesday, Dec. 5th
- 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Gates of Ballston
- Thursday, Dec. 7th
- 6:15-7:15 p.m.
- Lubber Run
- Saturday, Dec. 9th
- 1:30-2:30 p.m
- Morning Virtual Info Session
- Wednesday, Dec. 6th
- English 11-11:30 a.m.
- Spanish 11:30 a.m.- 12:00 p.m
- Afternoon Virtual Info Session
- Wednesday, Dec. 6th
- English 6-6:30 p.m.
- Spanish 6:30-7:00 p.m.
ParentSquare Overview Video
Frequently Asked Questions and Tips for Families
What is ParentSquare?
ParentSquare is a unified communications platform. The division, your student’s school and teachers use ParentSquare to communicate with families. This includes emergency messages as well as everyday information closely related to the school’s educational mission. It provides a safe way for administrators, school principals, teachers, staff, and families to:
- Send and receive school and class information
- Communicate in your preferred language
- Receive attendance notifications
- Sign up to volunteer
- Sign up for parent-teacher conferences
- Sign permission slips
- and much more… all in one centralized place!
Will parents/guardians receive notifications from ParentSquare if they do not register for ParentSquare?
All parents and/or guardians are automatically subscribed to receive notifications through ParentSquare when they enroll their student. Individuals who do not activate their account in ParentSquare will still receive emails and text notifications when communications are sent. In the event of emergencies, phone calls may be sent as well.
Is ParentSquare replacing other tools and services that APS used previously?
Yes. The functionality of these tools is available in ParentSquare.
- Talking Points
- Class Dojo
- All other parent-teacher communication platforms
How do I set up my notification preferences?
For each individual with a ParentSquare account, users can fine-tune notification settings by registering and logging in, then going to My Account and clicking on Notification Settings.
Users can select instant or digest options for email, text and app notifications.
Instant delivery sends all ParentSquare posts in real-time, while digest packages all non-urgent messages in one evening email that is sent at approximately 6 p.m.
For new accounts with preferences not yet set or those who have not created an account, instant delivery is the default setting for message delivery. Make sure to update the delivery setting if digest is preferred.
How do I opt out of receiving notifications from ParentSquare?
While not recommended, you can opt out of:
- Emails: Click the Unsubscribe link in any email you receive
- Text Messages: Click the Opt-Out link in the first text message you receive from ParentSquare. You can also reply STOP to any subsequent text you receive.
- Phone Calls: Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are not a parent or guardian and are receiving notifications in error, please email email@example.com.
*Please note that even if you opt out of receiving communication, you will still receive notifications for emergencies and other school information deemed important, such as attendance and lunch balances. To opt back in:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your email and cell phone number
- Text Messages: If you sent STOP, you can reply START to any text you had received or send START to: 66458
How can I update my information (email address, phone number)?
If you need to update your contact information, please complete your Back to School forms in ParentVue.
I combined accounts and would like to unmerge them. How can I do so?
Please contact ParentSquare directly.
Can I use ParentSquare on my mobile device?
I'm not a parent/guardian but I would like to receive messages from my school and APS. Can I subscribe?
Yes! We have an APS ParentSquare Community group so that community members can receive news and information from the district and from schools. Sign up to stay on top of school events and be notified of school closings and other news.
Tips for Families
It’s easy to stay in the loop with the ParentSquare app. Download it now for iOS or Android devices.
Activate Your Account
Follow the link in your activation email/text, or sign up on parentsquare.com or via the ParentSquare app.
Select your name in the top right to set your language preferences and how often you want to receive notifications.
Select ‘Appreciate’ in your email/app or website to thank a teacher or staff member for a post.
Select ‘Sign Ups & RSVPs’ in the sidebar to see available opportunities. Click bell on top to check your commitments.
Get Photos & Files
‘Photos & Files’ in the sidebar allows you to access pictures, forms and documents that have been shared with you.
Comment or Reply
You can select ‘Comment’ in the app or on the website to privately ask a question about the post that your teacher or school sent.
Get in Touch
Messages let you privately get in touch with your child’s teacher or school staff.