SchoolTalk via ParentSquare launches for families in August 2023. Families will receive information directly from APS on how to set up an account.
In August, 2023, APS transitions to ParentSquare as the platform for division-wide communications for families.
ParentSquare allows APS to unify communication from the division, schools and classrooms to PreK-12 families under one umbrella.
APS parents/guardians are invited to log into the ParentSquare website or download the app using the email address or cell phone number provided to your school. Families can set notification preferences and make sure they are ready to communicate with APS throughout the school year!Login to ParentSquare
With ParentSquare families will be able to:
- Receive messages from school via email, text or mobile app.
- Choose to receive information as it comes (Instant) or all at once at around 6:00pm (daily digest).
- Communicate in your preferred language.
- Two-way texting with automated translation between staff and families.
- Receive attendance notifications.
- Sign up for parent-teacher conferences.
- Sign permission slips and more all from your computer or mobile device.
ParentSquare Overview Video
Frequently Asked Questions and Tips for Families
What is ParentSquare
ParentSquare is a unified communications platform. The division, your student’s school and teachers use ParentSquare to communicate with families. This includes emergency messages as well as everyday information closely related to the school’s educational mission. It provides a safe way for administrators, school principals, teachers, staff, and families to:
- Send and receive school and class information
- Communicate in your preferred language
- Receive attendance notifications
- Sign up to volunteer
- Sign up for parent-teacher conferences
- Sign permission slips
- and much more… all in one centralized place!
Will parents receive notifications from ParentSquare if they do not sign up for ParentSquare?
All parents and/or guardians are automatically registered to receive notifications through ParentSquare when they enroll their student. ParentSquare is the primary tool for division and school communication. Individuals who do not activate their account in ParentSquare will still receive an email digest at the end of each day that communication is sent out to them. In the event of emergencies, phone calls and text messages will be sent as well.
Is ParentSquare replacing other tools and services that APS used previously?
Yes. Starting soon, the following tools and services will no longer be available for APS staff members to use. The functionality of these tools is available in ParentSquare.
- Talking Points
- Class Dojo
- All other parent-teacher communication platforms
How do I set up my notification preferences?
For each individual with a ParentSquare account, users can fine-tune notification settings.
Users can select instant or digest options for email, text and app notifications.
Instant delivery sends all ParentSquare posts in real-time, while digest packages all non-urgent messages in one evening email that is sent at approximately 6 p.m.
For new accounts with preferences not yet set or those who have not created an account, instant delivery is the default setting for message delivery. Make sure to update the delivery setting if digest is preferred.
How do I opt-out of receiving notifications from ParentSquare?
While not recommended, you can opt-out of:
- Emails: Click the Unsubscribe link in any email you receive
- Text Messages: Click the Opt-Out link in the first text message you receive from ParentSquare. You can also reply STOP to any subsequent text you receive.
- Phone Calls: Contact us at email@example.com
- If you are not a parent or guardian and are receiving notifications in error, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please note that even if you opt out of receiving communication, you will still receive notifications for emergencies and other school information deemed important, such as attendance and lunch balances. To opt back in:
- Contact us at email@example.com with your email and cell phone number
- Text Messages: If you sent STOP, you can reply START to any text you had received or send START to: 66458
How can I update my information (email address, phone number)?
If you need to update your contact information, please complete your Back to School forms in ParentVue. Verify that each of your students has the same email address, mobile phone number and address listed for you.
I combined accounts and would like to unmerge them. How can I do so?
Please contact ParentSquare directly.
Can I use ParentSquare on my mobile device?
Tips for Families
It’s easy to stay in the loop with the ParentSquare app. Download it now for iOS or Android devices.
Activate Your Account
Follow the link in your activation email/text, or sign up on parentsquare.com or via the ParentSquare app.
Select your name in the top right to set your language preferences and how often you want to receive notifications.
Select ‘Appreciate’ in your email/app or website to thank a teacher or staff member for a post.
Select ‘Sign Ups & RSVPs’ in the sidebar to see available opportunities. Click bell on top to check your commitments.
Get Photos & Files
‘Photos & Files’ in the sidebar allows you to access pictures, forms and documents that have been shared with you.
Comment or Reply
You can select ‘Comment’ in the app or on the website to privately ask a question about the post that your teacher or school sent.
Get in Touch
Messages in the sidebar let you privately get in touch with staff.