What is the Purpose of FAC ?
The Advisory Council on School Facilities and Capital Programs (FAC) assists the School Board in the continuous, systematic review of school facilities and the annual and long-range Capital Improvement Program. The Council offers recommendations and suggestions to the School Board on the Arlington School Facilities and Student Accommodation Plan (AFSAP), which includes the ten-year Capital Improvement Plan (CIP), and for future funding for school facilities.
How to get Involved?
The 15-member council is appointed to two-year staggered terms. All members of the FAC are expected to be familiar with school facility and capital program matters at a variety of system levels. They also are expected to take personal responsibility for increasing their familiarity with the school facilities and capital improvement program. For information or to volunteer to serve on this advisory council, call the School Board Office at 703-228-6015 or fill out the Application for Advisory Council on School Facilities and Capital Programs.
APS Policies related to FAC
- Policy B-3.6.32 Advisory Council on School Facilities and Capital Programs Policy
- Policy F-5.7 Construction and Maintenance Policy
- Policy Implementation Procedure (PIP) F-5.7 PIP-2 Building Level Planning Committees PIP
When Does FAC Meet?
During the school year, the FAC generally meets the second Monday of the month, the third Monday if there is a holiday. All meetings are open to the public which typically begin at 7 P.M. and conclude around 9 P.M. Prior to the meeting, tours of the locations are conducted and normally begin 6:30 P.M.
2019-20 Meeting Dates/Locations/Agendas/Minutes
- Sept. 9, FAC MEETING – Syphax (254)
- Oct. 21, FAC MEETING – Heights*
- Oct. 23 FAC/JFAC Joint Meeting – Key
- Nov. 18, FAC MEETING – Fleet*
- Dec. 9, FAC MEETING – Montessori
- Jan. 13, FAC MEETING – Dr. Charles R. Drew
- Feb. 10, FAC MEETING – Gunston
- Mar. 9, FAC MEETING – Randolph
- Apr. 13, FAC MEETING – Career Center
- May 11, FAC MEETING – Dorothy Hamm
- Jun. 8, FAC MEETING – Syphax
* Tours are at 6:15 pm and meeting starts at 7 pm.
Previous years minutes and agendas
Sept. 9, FAC MEETING – Syphax
Oct. 21, FAC MEETING – Heights
Oct. 23 FAC/JFAC Joint Meeting – Key
Nov. 18, FAC MEETING – Fleet
Dec. 9, FAC MEETING – Montessori
Jan. 13, FAC MEETING – Drew
Feb. 10, FAC MEETING – Gunston
Mar. 9, FAC MEETING – Randolph
Apr. 13, FAC MEETING – Career Center
May 11, FAC MEETING – Hamm
Jun. 8, FAC MEETING – Syphax