What is the Purpose of FAC ?
The Advisory Council on School Facilities and Capital Programs assists the School Board in the continuous, systematic review of school facilities and the capital improvement program by:
- Adhering to the APS mission, vision, and core values.
- Making recommendations to the School Board on the biannual school facilities and student accommodation plan which informs the ten-year capital improvement plan and recommendations for funding thereon.
- Providing, upon request, recommendations to the School Board on specific issues.
- Providing advice on areas identified by the Council regarding the capital program.
- Assisting the School Board in providing the community with information concerning school facilities and the capital improvement program.
- Receiving and integrating input from the community concerning school facilities and the capital improvement program.
- Receiving and integrating input from Building Level Planning Committees.
Adopted FY 2023-32 Capital Improvement Plan –
How to get Involved?
The 15-member council is appointed to two-year staggered terms. All members of the FAC are expected to be familiar with school facility and capital program matters at a variety of system levels. They also are expected to take personal responsibility for increasing their familiarity with the school facilities and capital improvement program. For information or to volunteer to serve on this advisory council, call the School Board Office at 703-228-6015 or fill out the Application for Advisory Council on School Facilities and Capital Programs.
APS Policies related to FAC
- Policy B-3.6.30 School Board Advisory Committees
- Policy F-1 Capital Improvement Plan
- Policy F-2 Goals
- Policy F-5.7 Capital and Maintenance Program
- Policy Implementation Procedure B-3.6.30 PIP-3 Facilities Advisory Committee
- Policy Implementation Procedure F-1 PIP-1 Capital Improvement Plan
- Policy Implementation Procedure F-5.7 PIP-1 Capital and Maintenance Program
When Does FAC Meet?
During the school year, the FAC generally meets monthly on a Monday and at least four times per year. All meetings are open to the public and begin at 6:30 P.M., anticipated to conclude around 8:30 P.M. Prior to some meetings, a virtual tour of an APS facility may take place and will be scheduled to begin at 6:00 P.M.
2022-23 Meeting Dates/Locations/Agendas/Minutes
- Oct. 3, FAC MEETING – Career Center*
- Nov. 7, FAC MEETING – W-L Annex*
- Dec. 12, FAC MEETING – Virtual Meeting
- Jan. 9, FAC MEETING – CANCELLED
- Feb. 13, FAC MEETING – Barrett Elementary School
- Apr. 10, FAC MEETING – Syphax
- May 8, FAC MEETING – Syphax
- Jun. 5, FAC MEETING – Tentative
* Tours are at 6:00 pm and meeting starts at 6:30 pm.
Previous years minutes and agendas
Oct. 3, FAC MEETING – Career Center*
Nov. 7, FAC MEETING – W-L Annex*
Dec. 12, FAC MEETING – Click here to Join the Virtual Meeting via Microsoft Teams
Jan. 9, FAC MEETING – CANCELLED
Feb. 13, FAC MEETING – Barrett Elementary
Apr. 10, FAC MEETING – Syphax
May 8, FAC MEETING – Syphax
Jun. 5, FAC MEETING – Tentative