What is the Purpose of FAC ?
The Advisory Council on School Facilities and Capital Programs (FAC) assists the School Board in the continuous, systematic review of school facilities and the annual and long-range Capital Improvement Program. The Council offers recommendations and suggestions to the School Board on the Arlington School Facilities and Student Accommodation Plan (AFSAP), which includes the ten-year Capital Improvement Plan (CIP), and for future funding for school facilities.
How to get Involved?
The 15-member council is appointed to two-year staggered terms. All members of the FAC are expected to be familiar with school facility and capital program matters at a variety of system levels. They also are expected to take personal responsibility for increasing their familiarity with the school facilities and capital improvement program. For information or to volunteer to serve on this advisory council, call the School Board Office at 703-228-6015 or fill out the Application for Advisory Council on School Facilities and Capital Programs.
APS Policies related to FAC
- 10-6.2 Advisory Council on Schools Facilities and Capital Programs PIP
- 50-1 Construction and Maintenance SBP
- 50-1.2 Building Level Planning Committees PIP
When Does FAC Meet?
FAC generally meets the second Monday of the month, during the school year. All meetings are open to the public. Meetings normally begin at 7pm and are held at various APS locations.
2018-19 Meeting Dates/Locations/Agendas/Minutes
- Sept. 10, FAC MEETING – Syphax (452/454/456)
- Oct. 8, FAC MEETING – Career Center
- Nov. 19, FAC MEETING – Yorktown
- Dec. 10, FAC MEETING – Gunston
- Jan. 14, FAC MEETING – Randolph
- Feb. 11, FAC MEETING – Hoffman-Boston
- Mar. 11, FAC MEETING – Taylor
- Apr. 8, FAC MEETING – Discovery
- May 13, FAC MEETING – New MS @ Stratford
- Jun. 10, FAC MEETING – Jefferson
Previous years minutes and agendas
- November 19, FAC MEETING – Yorktown Library, 7 pm
- December 10, FAC MEETING – Gunston Library, 7 pm