APS uses Microsoft Teams to support a wide variety of instructional functions. For example, while much of the digital coursework is provided through Canvas, videoconferencing is conducted through Microsoft Teams. The following resources can assist with logging into Microsoft Teams and joining a Teams Meeting (videoconference).
- Logging into Microsoft Teams (Video)
- Logging into Microsoft Teams from an iPad (print)
- Joining a Teams Meeting from Teams (Video)
Testing the setup on your device
Test Teams Meeting – Click the link. If Teams opens and you are asked to wait in the lobby then Teams is working. NOTE: this is an unmanned meeting, you will not be admitted from the lobby.
Testing your audio and video
Before you join a meeting, you should check your audio and video. Here’s how
- Select your profile picture, then Settings > Devices.
- Click “Make a test call”
- In a test call, you’ll see how your microphone, speaker, and camera are working. Follow the instructions from Test Call Bot and record a short message. The message will playback for you. After that, you’ll get a summary of the test call, and you can go to your device settings to make changes if needed.