The APS iPads are generally very reliable. In the event something goes wrong, there are a few simple things you can try yourself before you reach out to your school for help.
- Start by turning the iPad off and turning it back on.
- Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds
- Swipe the arrow to turn it off.
- Turn it back on by pressing and holding the power button for 5 seconds again.
- If an app times out, says “no internet,” or spins forever
- Check that you are connected to your home’s WiFi network
- Sign back into GlobalProtect (Directions are available on the APS website)
- If the iPad won’t turn on
- Charge the device
- If the iPad won’t charge
- Try using a different charging cable (if you have one)
- Try using a different charging block (if you have one, some low-cost charging blocks may not be able to charge the iPad)
- Gently blow into the charging port to remove any lint
- Ensure the charging cable is fully seated into the charging port
- Apps won’t update or install
- Confirm the device can access the internet
- Sign back into Hub (Directions are available on the APS website)