In order to ensure APS staff can meet virtually with families during the COVID-19 crises, we are making Microsoft Teams Meetings available for staff to family virtual meetings.
When is it happening?
Microsoft Teams Meetings is currently available for virtual meetings between APS staff and families.
How will this impact me?
If you need to meet with an APS staff member virtually, you should be prepared to use Microsoft Teams Meetings.
What do I need to do?
If a virtual meeting is scheduled, such as for an IEP meeting, the staff member will send you a meeting invitation with a link to the meeting.
Prior to the meeting, you should ensure you are able to access the meeting. The meeting is accessible via a personal smartphone, computer, or tablet, or using a student 1:1 device (iPad or MacBook Air).
You have two options for joining a Microsoft Teams Meeting
- Via a web browser using Microsoft Edge or Chrome (Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari are not supported)
- Using the Microsoft Teams Client (Free to download and use) – Download from Microsoft
Microsoft has developed a video that will walk you through the process of joining a Microsoft Teams Meeting. Please watch this prior to your first Microsoft Teams Meeting.
- Join a Microsoft Teams Meeting
- NOTE: Only some meetings provide a dial-in number for Microsoft Teams Meetings. If you need to dial in and the meeting doesn’t have a number, please email the organizer.
We also recommend you make a test call prior to your meeting to ensure the software is running correctly.
- Select your profile picture, then Settings > Devices.
- Click “Make a test call”
- In a test call, you’ll see how your microphone, speaker, and camera are working. Follow the instructions from Test Call Bot and record a short message. The message will playback for you. After that, you’ll get a summary of the test call, and you can go to your device settings to make changes.
APS has also developed some videos to help you use Teams Meetings
Why is the change occurring?
The closing of APS schools for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year is requiring us to make our meetings virtual.
This is a new process of all of us, we appreciate your patience as we work out any issues. Please contact your school if you have any questions.