The Traveling Trolley is back in summer 2019!
July 10th, July 17th, July 24th, July 31st
This summer, students and families at Barcroft, Carlin Springs, Drew and Randolph are invited to participate in the sixth summer of the Traveling Trolley! Each week starting July 10th, the Traveling Trolley will come to your neighborhood and take you on an incredible journey to your local public library! Children must be accompanied by their parent to board the trolley. While at the library, families will be provided with opportunities to listen to stories, visit with friends and teachers from their school community, check out library books, and enjoy a delicious snack! School-specific information, including where and when to catch the Traveling Trolley near you:
- The Drew Trolley will pick up at 7:15 p.m. at Drew Model School to go to Shirlington Library
- The Barcroft Trolley will pick up at 7:15 p.m. at Barcroft School to go to Columbia Pike Library
- The Randolph Trolley will pick up at 7:15 p.m. at Randolph Elementary to go to Columbia Pike Library
- The Carlin Springs Trolley will pick up at 7:15 p.m. at Greenbriar Baptist Church to go to GlenCarlyn Library
- The Hoffman-Boston Trolley will pick up at 7:15 p.m. at Hoffman-Boston School to go to Shirlington Library
Have questions regarding the Traveling Trolley? Contact the Early Childhood Office at 703-228-8632. Special thanks to Arlington Public Libraries for their partnership on this initiative! Learn more about Arlington Public Libraries, go to http://library.arlingtonva.us/.
(You can read about the debut of the Traveling Trolley in this feature from the Washington Post.)