Elementary School Fall 2018 Boundary Change Proces
In response to growing enrollment, APS is preparing to open the new Alice W. Fleet Elementary School, and Drew Model School as a full neighborhood school due to the Montessori program move to the Henry site in the Fall of 2019.
June 7 Monitoring Report to School Board
Elementary School Boundary Change Timeline:
- June 7 – Staff will update the School Board on timeline for boundary refinements as APS prepares to open the new Alice W. Fleet Elementary School, the Montessori program at the Henry site, and Drew Model School as a full neighborhood school in the Fall of 2019.
- Summer-Fall 2018 – Community Engagement – more details to come
- Fall 2018 – Staff will present draft recommendations on boundary refinements.
- November 2018 – School Board will take action on proposals for school location recommendations and boundaries.
- September 2019 – Fleet Elementary opens for 2019-20 school year, and Drew opens as full neighborhood elementary school. New elementary boundaries go into effect.
- School Task Group Tool Kit
- School Board Policy 30-2.2 Boundaries
- Planning Unit Map and Locator
- Current Elementary School Boundaries
- Considerations for APS Walk Zones, considerations developed by Walk Zone Work Group (WZWG)
- Classifications of Arlington Street Crossings
- Safe Routes to School
- APS Go!
- Multimodal Planning Maps
- K-5 Students by Planning Unit School Year 2017-18