There are no alerts at this time. All schools and programs are at their normal operational status.
In general, APS will only post/send messages if there is a change in normal operating status. For situations where everything is open/operating on a normal schedule, we will not send or post notifications.
Distance Learning will continue to be provided for all students during inclement weather events, unless there is an interruption in power or network connectivity. If we need to close schools and facilities due to inclement weather, Level 1 students attending school in person would temporarily revert to Distance Learning. Distance Learning will follow the normal schedule during inclement weather, with asynchronous on Mondays and synchronous instruction on Tuesday through Friday. A major storm causing a power or network outage may require us to cancel distance learning and call an official “snow day.” We will follow our inclement weather protocols on deciding if other school-based activities, such as meal services, in-person learning support or athletic practices can continue.
- Plan for Make-Up Days – outlined in the Arlington Public Schools Handbook, available on our Publications page
- Arlington County Government Winter Weather Closings/Delays
- Arlington County Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) Closing Policy — specifies when DPR programs and activities will be canceled, delayed or postponed depending on the actions of the County Government and Arlington County Public Schools
- Arlington County Government Snow Removal Information
- Arlington County Government Alert System (Arlington Alert does not provide notification of school closing or delays and is maintained by Arlington County Government as an emergency notification system for residents of Arlington County.)