The Arlington Facilities and Student Accommodation Plan (AFSAP) analyzes student enrollment and building capacity. The AFSAP includes both short and long term recommendations designed to help APS keep pace with continued growth and shape the framework for the upcoming FY 2019-28 CIP.
School Board Work Session 11/28/17 on CIP Framework, Fall Update, and AFSAP (Updated 11/29/17)
- September 30, 2017 Enrollment
- Current and Projected Capacity Utilization School Years 2016-17 to 2026-27 Published December 2016
- Fall 2016 Annual Projections Report
- Fall 2017 Facility Optimization Study
- FY 2017-26 Capital Improvement Plan (CIP)
- FY 2018 Planning Factors
- FY 2016-25 Arlington Facilities and Student Accommodation Plan (AFSAP)
What is the Capital Improvement Plan (CIP)?
The CIP includes major capital projects as well as major maintenance and other infrastructure projects. Staff analyzes enrollment projections to determine future capital needs. Every two years the School Board adopts a CIP addressing capital needs over the next ten years.
Who will be impacted?
Current and future students of APS and surrounding communities may be impacted by capital projects. All Arlington voters are asked to support School Bonds in November referendum.
How can I participate?
A community engagement process will start in spring of 2018.
Para más información por favor haga clic aquí.
What is the timeline?
- November 28, 2017 – School Board Work Session on CIP Framework
- November 30, 2017 – School Board Information Item on proposed FY 2019-28 CIP Framework
- January 2018 – Staff analyzes needs and develops CIP framework
- Spring – Community engagement process
- June 2018 – School Board adopts CIP
- November 2018 – Bond referendum on CIP projects
How will my input be used?
Community input will help shape the scope of projects included in the CIP. Look for updates on Engage www.apsva.us/engage