Task Force Updates
- Task Force Presentations
- The Task Force is currently focusing on reviewing health and safety plans, and plans for instructional schedules.
- Instructional models that were considered
To ensure that a diversity of stakeholder views and perspectives are included in plan development and decision-making, APS is forming a Return to School Task Force, chaired by Superintendent Dr. Durán. APS has also formed leadership and staff member Work Groups focused on planning in four areas: Instruction, Operations, Activities and Communications. Work Groups are responsible for the development of the plans.
The Task Force will be composed of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) Work Group leads, principal chairs, staff, teachers, students, and parent volunteers from APS advisory groups, the CCPTA, AEA, ASA, SAC on Equity and Excellence, and SAC on Immigrant and Refugee Students. Task Force members will represent a variety of schools, communities, grade levels, and student groups and needs.
Superintendent Dr. Durán will coordinate closely with regional superintendents to align APS plans with Northern Virginia and will provide planning updates as a standard monitoring item on the School Board agenda moving forward through the fall.
Key priorities for reopening plans are to:
- Provide a safe learning and work environment for all students and staff
- Provide equity of access to technology and internet at home for all students
- Use local public health recommendations and state guidance to inform school reopening plans and timelines
- Ensure the well-being of students and staff through a robust Tiered System of Support
- Provide a phased approach with flexibility of support to students, families, and staff in higher-risk categories for infection
- Set consistent expectations across schools through strong communication and community engagement during planning and implementation