Families will be able to select their preferred instructional delivery method online through ParentVUE. The selection process opens on Monday, July 6, and closes on Monday, July 20, so that APS staff have adequate time to prepare for the fall.
Families will choose between:
Families that have not responded to select the preferred model by July 20 will be automatically placed in the hybrid in-school and distance learning model. APS strongly encourages all families to respond so that APS can proceed with clear knowledge of each family’s choice for their student(s), based on their individual circumstances and learning preferences.
STEPS TO COMPLETE THE SELECTION PROCESS
Families will need to complete the following steps in ParentVUE to select their choices for the instructional delivery method and transportation questions:
- Log in to ParentVUE with your username and password.
- As soon as you log in, the default tab you will see is the “Student Info” tab.
- On the top of the “Student Info” page, click “Edit Information” to select your choices to the instructional delivery method and transportation questions.
- Scroll to the middle of the “Student Info” page to select your choices for the instructional delivery method and transportation questions.
- After selecting your choices, scroll to the top or the bottom of the page to select “Save Changes.”
- If you have multiple students, you will need to complete this process for each student by selecting their name in the box located in the upper-left corner of the screen in ParentVUE.
- Step-by-Step Selection Instruction Guide
- Selection Flyer for Families: English | Amharic | Arabic | Spanish | Mongolian
Trouble with ParentVUE? Find troubleshooting help for logging in, passwords, etc.
Can families switch between models?
Students will remain in their selected instructional delivery method while the state and Virginia schools are in Phase 3 of the reopening plan. Families will be unable to change the instructional delivery method they selected before school resumes on August 31, 2020 to allow APS to effectively plan schedules, staffing and other details in preparation for a strong start to the new school year. After that time, any requests for changes will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis determined by school and bus capacity and staffing levels.
How are student groups assigned in the hybrid model? Will siblings be paired together?
Decisions regarding schedules and student group assignments for each school will be made centrally based on multiple factors. Siblings will be assigned to the same in-school schedule to simplify family arrangements, when possible. Details regarding student assignments and scheduling will be finalized and communicated in August once family selections are received and processed.