Every two years, the School Board adopts a Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) that addresses APS capital needs—investments needed to improve or enhance the infrastructure of our schools—over the next ten years. The CIP includes major capital projects, such as new schools and school additions, as well as major maintenance and minor construction projects.By June 2020, the School Board will adopt a new Fiscal Year 2021-30 CIP.
- APS Publishes 2019 Ten-Year Enrollment Projections for 2020-21 through 2028-29, Mid Dec.
- School Board Action, CIP Direction, Dec. 5
- Joint School and County Board Work Session, Dec. 3
- School Board Information Item: FY 2021-30 CIP Direction, Nov. 19, 2019
- School Board Information Item: CIP Direction, Nov. 7, 2019 (This item will be presented for Information at the Tuesday, November 19 School Board Meeting)
- School Board Work Session: CIP Direction, Nov. 6, 2019
- School Board Work Session: Arlington Facilities Student Accommodation Plan (AFSAP), Sept. 24, 2019
- For presentation materials, see 2019 AFSAP website
- The Joint Facilities Advisory Commission’s (JFAC) AFSAP Recommendations (Nov. 4, 2019)
- FY 2019-28 CIP and previous versions
- The Arlington Facilities and Student Accommodation Plan (AFSAP) – CIP priorities are informed by the Arlington Facilities and Student Accommodation Plan (AFSAP), which analyzes long-term enrollment projections and any anticipated need for additional permanent seats at all school levels to support the educational mission of APS. Every two years, APS reevaluates projections, and current and planned school facilities, to identify if any needs have changed. The AFSAP will help the School Board shape priorities for the upcoming CIP, identifying adjustments that will realign APS’ plan for capital investment with the changes in projected enrollment.