|Click here to access your Extended Day Family Account|
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and frustration caused by the technical issues with the Extended Day registration system. We appreciate that you need Extended Day because of your busy schedules and thank you for taking the time to register your child(ren).
- Our vendor has corrected the issues and if you have not submitted your registration information, please do so.
- If you have already submitted registration information and received a confirmation e-mail, you do not need to register again.
- Over the next several weeks, the submitted registrations will be reviewed and you will receive an e-mail confirmation of enrollment.
Again, we apologize for the inconvenience. If you have questions or concerns, please e-mail the Extended Day office at: email@example.com
The Extended Day Program, which includes the middle school Check-In programs, plays a critical role in the development of young people’s social, emotional and academic skills, with over 400 child care professionals working daily to meet the individual needs of each child and the expectations of every family.
Extended Day provides a safe, enriching and fun environment before and after school each day for over 4,000 children. It also operates during the summer in conjunction with the APS Summer School Program.
An integral part of the Arlington community, Extended Day supports the educational mission of APS by:
- Offering daily opportunities for children to participate in asset-building activities and experiences
- Instilling feelings of value, competence and confidence in each child
- Building positive relationships with children, families and the community
- Valuing the cultural diversity of the students
- Providing a high level of customer service to meet the needs of families
- Hiring and training qualified and experienced staff
The Extended Day Program plays a critical role in the development of young people’s social and academic skills and experiences. Cognitive and social competencies are enhanced through the building of positive relationships and participation in a wide variety of activities, including games, art, drama, cooking, science, literacy, recreation and other projects and events. The major services provided include:
- Before school child care in 22 elementary schools and the Stratford Program (opens at 7 a.m.)
- After school child care in 22 elementary schools, five middle schools and the Stratford Program (closes at 6 p.m.)
- Services to meet the individual needs of children
- Daily asset-building activities and events
- Daily homework support
- Child care services for children attending summer school
- Convenient online services, including registration, payments and access to family account information
- On-going staff development