|Click here to access your Extended Day Family Account|
2019-2020 Extended Day Enrollment Lottery
After a review of the registrations that were submitted between April 1st and May 15th, a lottery for enrollment will be conducted for the following schools: Arlington Science Focus, Ashlawn, Claremont, and Glebe.
The lottery will be held Friday, May 24th at 9 a.m. in room 454 in the Syphax Education Building (2110 Washington Blvd., Arlington, VA 22204). Please note that lottery results will not be available the day of the lottery. Families will be informed of their enrollment status by June 1st.
For capacity and registration data please visit the School Year Current Capacity Information page.
The Extended Day Program, which includes the middle school Check-In programs, plays a critical role in the development of young people’s social, emotional and academic skills, with over 400 child care professionals working daily to meet the individual needs of each child and the expectations of every family.
Extended Day provides a safe, enriching and fun environment before and after school each day for over 4,000 children. It also operates during the summer in conjunction with the APS Summer School Program.
An integral part of the Arlington community, Extended Day supports the educational mission of APS by:
- Offering daily opportunities for children to participate in asset-building activities and experiences
- Instilling feelings of value, competence and confidence in each child
- Building positive relationships with children, families and the community
- Valuing the cultural diversity of the students
- Providing a high level of customer service to meet the needs of families
- Hiring and training qualified and experienced staff
The Extended Day Program plays a critical role in the development of young people’s social and academic skills and experiences. Cognitive and social competencies are enhanced through the building of positive relationships and participation in a wide variety of activities, including games, art, drama, cooking, science, literacy, recreation and other projects and events. The major services provided include:
- Before school child care in 22 elementary schools and the Stratford Program (opens at 7 a.m.)
- After school child care in 22 elementary schools, five middle schools and the Stratford Program (closes at 6 p.m.)
- Services to meet the individual needs of children
- Daily asset-building activities and events
- Daily homework support
- Child care services for children attending summer school
- Convenient online services, including registration, payments and access to family account information
- On-going staff development