Extended Day will be issuing credits to families for March 16th – 31st due to the school closure. For more information please read the School Talk published on May 1, 2020.
The Code of Virginia prohibits school funds from being used for child care programs. Thus, the Extended Day Program generates its revenue entirely through participation fees and a contribution from Arlington County. Extended Day offers a sliding fee scale and parents may request additional fee relief by contacting the Extended Day Central Office.
- Annual household income
- Enrollment options selected (before and/or after school)
- The school the child attends (the varying bell schedules impact Extended Day operating hours)
During the school year fees are charged monthly, September through June.
- Fees are calculated by determining the annual cost of service and dividing by 10 monthly payments.
- Fees are due by the first of each month
- A sibling discount is available to families paying a reduced monthly fee
- Fees are not reduced or refunded when a child is absent or school is closed due to weather or an emergency.
- Summer fees are charged separately.
Families can access account information and billing statements by accessing your family account.
- Fees will be posted to your account on the 10th of each month for the subsequent month of service (i.e. on September 10th the October fees are posted)
- Monthly statements are also distributed around the 10th of each month.
If families cannot pay the Extended Day fees due to extenuating circumstances (i.e financial, medical, other):
- Please contact the Extended Day director or assistant director.
- We will always work with families to make Extended Day affordable·
- If due to extenuating circumstances families choose to remove their child from Extended Day temporarily, the child’s slot in the program will be reserved for his/her eventual return. No fees will be charged during this time.
If you have questions regarding your account, please contact the Extended Day Central Office at 703-228-6069 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.