The Code of Virginia prohibits school funds from being used for child care programs. Thus, the Extended Day Program generates its revenue entirely through participation fees and a contribution from Arlington County. Extended Day offers a sliding fee scale and parents may request additional fee relief by contacting the Extended Day Central Office.
- Annual household income
- Enrollment options selected (before and/or after school)
- The school the child attends (the varying bell schedules impact Extended Day operating hours)
During the school year fees are charged monthly, September through June.
- Fees are calculated by determining the annual cost of service and dividing by 10 monthly payments.
- Fees are due by the first of each month
- A sibling discount is available to families paying a reduced monthly fee
- Fees are not reduced or refunded when a child is absent or school is closed due to weather or an emergency.
- Summer fees are charged separately.
Families can access account information and billing statements by accessing your family account.
- Fees will be posted to your account on the 10th of each month for the subsequent month of service (i.e. on September 10th the October fees are posted)
- Monthly statements are also distributed around the 10th of each month.
If you have questions regarding your account, please contact the Extended Day Central Office at 703-228-6069 or by email at email@example.com.