Extended Day relies on the payments of participating families for its operating revenue. Thank you for submitting your Extended Day payments promptly.
Payments can be made by credit card, check or money order. Cash payments are not accepted. Payments are not accepted at the schools.
The Extended Day Central Office emails monthly invoices on/about the 10th of each month, between September and June.
An online payment portal, MySchoolBucks.com, is available for Extended Day payments.
New students to APS may not be available in MySchoolBucks until the second week in July. New families may need to consider an alternate method of payment in order to meet payment deadlines.
Please note: your current balance is not indicated on MySchoolBucks.com, so please refer to your invoice or Family Account.
Your Extended Day Family Account:
- To access your Extended Day Family Account: apsfamily.schoolcareworks.com.
- To view your financial records: click on Statements.
- To make an online payment, click on Make a Payment and you will be redirected to MySchoolBucks.com.
- The amount due is shown on the Make Payment button.
- Log in to your MySchoolBucks account.
- To open an account, you will need to provide the student ID.
- From the homepage, scroll down and click on Extended Day.
- On the following page, you will again click on Extended Day in the Filter menu.
- On the next page, you will select your child’s name from the drop-down.
- Enter the amount you would like to pay towards your Extended Day balance and click Add to Basket.
- If you have more than one child, you do not need to pay for each child separately, as the funds will be applied to the total balance on your Family Account.
- New students to APS may not be available in MySchoolBucks until the second week in July. New families may need to consider an alternate method of payment in order to meet payment deadlines.
- Click on the shopping cart in the upper right corner and proceed through the check-out process.
- There is a fee of $2.00 per transaction or parents can subscribe to an annual membership fee.
The payment will be made and applied to your Extended Day family account. Payments are posted in your Family Account financial page by midnight of the day of payment.
Other Payment Methods
Payments can be made in-person at the Syphax Education Center (2110 Washington Blvd., Arlington, VA 22204) with credit cards, checks, or money orders. For more information about the office hours please visit the Extended Day Central Office page.
Credit card payments:
At the Extended Day Central Office you can pay with VISA, MasterCard, or Discover.
Check and Money Order Payments:
- Payment by check or money order should be made payable to: Arlington Public Schools.
- Please include your Extended Day Family ID number on your check or money order.
- Payments should be mailed to the Extended Day Central Office
- Payments may also be deposited in the drop box located at the Extended Day Central Office.
- The drop box is located on the first floor, on the left wall before the elevator lobby.
- The building is open 6:00 AM – 10:00 PM; the parking garage closes at 9:30 PM.
- Arlington County Code requires an additional $50 fee for returned checks.
- Replacement payment of the returned check, and the $50.00 penalty, must be made by money order, cashiers check, or certified check within 48 hours of notification.
- If a second check is returned within a two-year period, School Board requires that all future payments be made by money order.