DID YOU KNOW….?
- Children can purchase a fresh fruit or vegetable every day! Ask them about it!
- Much of the produce in our cafeterias comes from local farms within 150 miles of Arlington. We are adding more every year.
- All of our breads and rolls are made with whole grains.
- We serve only 100% fruit juice, water, and the milk served in our cafeterias has no growth hormones, and that includes our chocolate milk!
- In addition to yogurt, fresh fruit, and cereal, all schools that serve breakfast have a hot entree available every day.
- You can pay for school meals online AND track what your kids eat. Visit www.myschoolbucks.com
- Cafeterias now use biodegradable cardboard lunch trays. We said goodbye to styrofoam!
Q– How do I apply for Free/Reduced meals?
A– You can apply online at https://www.myschoolapps.com/ . Links to the application are also available in ParentVue. Paper applications will be available at the Food Service Office. You may request a paper application be mailed to your home by calling 703-228-6130.
Q– How will I know if I qualify for Free/Reduced meals after I apply?
A– You will receive a notification mailed to your home address on file approx. 2 weeks after we receive your application. Please keep this letter for your records and to use for other programs such as Comcast, Parks & Rec and Arlington Soccer.
Q– I forgot to add money to my students meal account. Will they be able to eat?
A– We will never refuse your child a reimbursable meal because they don’t have money, however ala carte items such as juice and water may not be charged. You can make online payments by visiting http://www.myschoolbucks.com Payments made online may take up to 48 hours to show up in your students account.