Arlington County Public School’s Health and Physical Education Department is committed to educate students to become lifelong learners of wellness by participating in activities that develop behaviors which encourage good health, develop appropriate social skills, and promote physical fitness in and outside the educational setting.
Health and Physical Education Goals
- Elementary Health Education Goal: Elementary school health education provides age-appropriate concepts and skills to assist students in making healthy decisions to improve, sustain, and promote personal and family health.
- Middle School Health Education Goal: Middle school health education provides students with key health concepts and skills needed to form healthy behaviors and practices.
- High School Health Education Goal: High school health education provides a comprehensive knowledge of skills, community awareness, and information access enabling students to make healthy and mature decisions.
- Elementary Physical Education Goal: Elementary physical education provides participation in challenging activities that promote a healthy lifestyle, motor and skill development, fitness knowledge, and sportsmanship.
- Middle School Physical Education Goal: Middle school physical education encourages the development of physical, social, and emotional skills and cognitive knowledge necessary for participation in sports and lifetime activities.
- High School Physical Education Goal: High school physical education teaches students to develop and implement a lifelong personal wellness/fitness plan using acquired physical skills, health knowledge, and positive behaviors.
Thanks to the NVSUA crew for umpiring @WakeAthletics softball v. @JamesMadisonHS in @VHSL_ playoffs @OffyHuman @NVSUA_Training https://t.co/SjLHrGCDf0
Published May 26, 23 3:44PM
@APSKenmore is fortunate to have a talented HPE teacher such as Ms Pradas! She and her students choreographed Musical Mania! Thanks @KenmoreMSDance https://t.co/tlX20eshMI
Published May 20, 23 3:12AM
Congratulations to all @APSVirginia softball players named First Team Liberty District @WakeAthletics @yhssports @WLHSAthletics https://t.co/LJwQ9nMm2l
Published May 19, 23 4:00PM
Congratulations @yhssports Softball Coach for Liberty District Coach of the Year @Yrktwnsftball https://t.co/GoQGFseczI
Published May 19, 23 3:59PM
Special thanks to Ms. Nicole Pradas @KenmoreMSDance & her students for an enjoyable performance in Musical Mania, a teacher & STUDENT choreographed dance recital. https://t.co/S8imGvJZrX
Published May 19, 23 1:29PM