The Arlington Public Schools Physical Education program follows the Virginia Family Life Education Standards of learning (SOLs). Arlington Public Schools, in accordance with the State of Virginia mandate, has developed a comprehensive, sequential, age-appropriate K-10 Family Life Education curriculum.
The Family Life Education program will assist students to:
- Develop positive self-concepts and respect for others,
- Form and maintain strong relationships with family and community,
- Develop self-esteem, self confidence, and responsibility,
- Understand the importance of abstaining from sexual activity,
- Manage stress and resist peer pressure,
- Develop awareness and knowledge of mental health issues,
- Prevent sexual assault and dating violence and recognize abusive relationships, and
- Develop into responsible, productive and well-adjusted adults.
All resource documents are in PDF format.
Virginia State Board of Education Approved Revisions to FLE SOLs October 2016
Arlington Public Schools Family Life Education Resources
- Arlington Public Schools Policy 20-3 guides the implementation of the Family Life Education program
- Parent Letter – 1st Day Packet 2017-18 English
- Parent Letter – 1st Day Packet 2017-18 Spanish
- Opt-Out Procedures
- Opt-Out Procedures Spanish
Opt Out Forms – English
Opt Out Forms – Spanish