Parents/guardians who wish to homeschool their child and who reside in Arlington County, are required to notify the superintendent of their intention to provide home instruction for their children in lieu of school attendance.
Please use the links to the left to explore the requirements and notification procedures which you must follow in order to be in compliance with state and federal law.
- APS Policy on Home Instruction (J-5.3.2)
- APS Policy Implementation Procedures (J-5.3.2 PIP-1)
- In need of educational activities to keep your students engaged this summer? Check out Virginia Public Media’s collection of At-Home Summer Learning activities and resources. http://ow.ly/qwDn50AKboW @myVPM
- College Readiness:To help students keep their college readiness skills sharp when many schools are closed, the College Board and Khan Academy will continue to provide free resources online, including full-length practice tests and personalized learning tools at khanacademy.org/sat.
- State Superintendent Announces Launch of “VA TV Classroom” by Va. Public TV Stations