2022 – 2023 Honors Band, Orchestra, and Chorus
- Jr. Honors Band, Orchestra, and Elementary School Honors Chorus begin on Tuesday, January 10, 2023!
- Please note that Monday, March 13, originally listed as a snow make-up date for the Junior Honors Orchestra, and the Elementary School Honors Chorus, is now a required rehearsal.
- Honors Band, Orchestra, and Middle School Honors Chorus rehearsals begin on Wednesday, January 25, 2023.
- Auditions are complete for the 2022 – 2023 season. We look forward to creating beautiful music together, starting in January.
- Audition Results have all been emailed to all parents who registered. Please check your SPAM/JUNK mail folder, just in case. And, if you did not receive confirmation of your results, please email Christopher Monroy
- Auditions are open to Arlington Public School Students only. No private or home-schooled students are allowed to participate.
Links to Registration Forms and Audition Materials:
Honors Music Groups Rehearsal and Concert Dates:
|Junior Honors Band (grades 4 – 6)||
|Junior Honors Orchestra (grades 4 – 6)||
|Honors Band (grades 7 and 8)
|Honors Orchestra (grades 7 and 8)||
|Elementary Honors Chorus (grade 5)||
|Middle School Honors Chorus (grades 6, 7 & 8)||
Listen to Performances:
- March 22, 2022 Jr. Honors Band, Orchestra and Elementary Chorus concert can be viewed here!
- January 29, 2022 Honors Band, Orchestra and Middle School chorus can be viewed here!
- Links to the January 25, 2020 performances of the Middle School Honors Chorus (grades 6 – 8), Honors Orchestra, and Honors Band (grades 7 & 8)
- Please enjoy some clips from past performances on APS’s YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/aetvaps
- Most performances are now on AETV’s Vimeo Channel: https://vimeo.com/user13181565/videos/sort:date
- All information about future broadcasts will be listed on the AETV website
- If you would like to order a professionally-recorded CD, please contact RonArt Associates: 703-362-5373 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The January 26, 2019 concert is now available to watch and share – https://vimeo.com/317499161
- Includes Middle School Honors Chorus, Honors Orchestra and Band (grades 7 & 8)
- Inclement Weather:
- If APS cancels evening activities, Honors rehearsals will not take place. School closings are posted at www.apsva.us/emergency-announcements/
Please click the links below for specific information for each performing group.
- Junior Honors Band (Grades 4 – 6)
- Junior Honors Orchestra (Grades 4 – 6)
- Honors Band (Grades 7, 8 & 9)
- Honors Orchestra (Grades 7, 8 & 9)
- Elementary Honors Chorus (Grade 5)
- Middle School Honors Chorus (Grades 6 – 8)
Registration and Audition Information:
Early online registration for the county-wide musical groups is highly encouraged, to allow organizers of the event ample time to prepare. Registering online will allow for shorter wait times at the auditions. If you are unable to register online, please ask your school music teacher to help your student register. Click the appropriate link above, to access Audition Materials and Online Registration Forms.
In addition to the online registration, you may download other supporting files for each group listed above, including sheet music, practice audio tracks, and a virtual audition video. All music is for audition purposes, only. Please contact your student’s music teacher if you have difficulty accessing any of the audition materials. You may also contact Chris Monroy, Humanities & Honors Music Program Coordinator, at 703-228-6299 if you have questions.
Students must be enrolled in Arlington Public Schools in order to audition and/or participate in Arlington Public School programs. Students are required to audition for the appropriate grade level the audition requires. A student may audition for more than one music group. If selected for more than one group, the student may have to choose one or the other.
All auditions will be “blind” auditions. The students will audition behind a screen, and the judges will only be able to hear the students. The judges will not know anything about the student, except for their assigned audition number. They will not know the name of the student, or their school.
Questions? Please email Honors Music Program Coordinator: Christopher Monroy