Mission – The Office of Assessment is a partner to schools, students, and families in the process of implementing and interpreting District and State Wide Assessments. The office strives to cultivate positive and purposeful assessment experiences for Arlington Public School students, families, teachers, and school leaders while ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local guidelines.
The Office of Assessment:
- Ensures adherence to testing policies, procedures and security protocols.
- Monitors and assists schools identifying students (need to test, demographic data, testing accommodations, etc.) for District and State Wide Assessments.
- Uploads data to the data management system for each assessment.
- Trains STCs how to manage and administer assessments and to train their staff to administer assessments.
- Holds schools accountable for testing and ensuring all students have the opportunity to test.
- Distributes assessment results and train staff to access results for each assessment.
- Works with the DTL and school staff to interpret and use the data from the assessments and other data sources to help inform instruction.