APS is preparing to administer Virginia Standards of Learning (SOL) testing to our students in grades 3-8 and high school. State assessments measure the extent to which students have learned the content and skills reflected in state standards. The testing window will extend from May 16 to June 14, 2022; your student’s school will send out notification with the school’s specific testing dates. All SOL testing is in-person.
Our teachers and students are working diligently to prepare for the tests. Parents can help by:
- Not scheduling time out of school for your student on their testing dates
- Helping your student to perform at his or her best by ensuring they have a good night’s rest, a healthy breakfast, and arrive at school on time.
- Reminding students to bring their iPads fully charged on testing day.
SOL content areas tested for each grade level are as follows:
- Grade 3: Reading and Math
- Grade 4: Reading, Math, and Social Studies
- Grade 5: Reading, Math, and Science
- Grade 6: Reading and Math
- Grade 7: Reading, Math, and Social Studies
- Grade 8: Reading, Math, Science, and End-of-Course (EOC) World Geography (if enrolled)
- Grade 9: Science, Math, and Social Studies (if student did not earn the World Geography verified credit in 8th grade)
- Grade 10: if needing to earn a verified credit towards the diploma
- Grade 11: Reading
- Grade 12: if needing to earn a verified credit towards the diploma
High School End-of-Course (EOC) SOLs (if needing verified credit and to meet local, state, and federal requirements)
- Algebra I
- Algebra II
- Earth Science
- World Geography
- World History 1
- World History 2
- VA/US History