April 18 School Board Work Session on the Enrollment and Transfers for Schools and Programs Policy (NEW!)
- Work Session Video (en español)
- Draft 3 Draft 3 Policy (updated 4/18/17)
- Draft 3 Draft 3 PIP Preschool (updated 4/18/17)
- Draft 3 Draft 3 PIP Elementary and Secondary (Updated 4/18/17)
Superintendent’s April 6 Update to the School Board
Review, Revise, Refine Meetings:
March 30 and April 4 Presentation
Community Meeting (March 30) Video, please note that the same content was presented at the April 4 meeting.
What We Heard from March 30 and April 4 meetings
School Options Survey
Share your feedback through Tuesday, April 18
- Draft concept for K12 Instructional Vision (for more on vision)
- Options for 1,300 NEW H.S. seats (more information follows below)
- Proposed revisions to Enrollment & Transfer Policy (for information on revisions)
NUEVO – Comparta sus comentarios sobre las iniciativas APS
- Proyecto de concepto para la Visión Instructiva K12 (para más información sobre la visión )
- Opciones para 1.300 asientos NEW HS (más información a continuación)
- Las revisiones propuestas a la política de inscripción y transferencia (para información sobre las revisiones)
Feedback forms are open through Monday, April 17, 2017 until 11:59 p.m.
Options for 1,300 NEW High School Seats
In June 2017, the School Board will vote on a plan to add 1,300 new high school seats. The building will open in September, 2022.
Join us to learn more about the proposed options and to provide feedback. Click on the dates for more details about the community meetings on March 30 or April 4, or watch the live stream of the March 30 meeting. If you can not attend in person, you can provide feedback online beginning on March 31.
Resources that informed the options:
- ACI’s annual report identifying instructional options
- FAC’s report on sites for 1,300 seats and analysis of potential sites
- Master Planning Report (2015)
By September 2022, APS will open the doors to a new high school.
Beginning in February 2017, we will launch a community engagement process to determine the instructional focus for the new high school. The process will include:
- February 15: Joint ACI and FAC meeting to share options considered for location and instruction
- February-March: Community Survey
- March 30 and April 4: Community Meetings
- May: School Board work session to review options
- June: Staff recommendation to the School Board
If you have questions or suggestions for the new high school instructional focus, please contact us at email@example.com.