June 15 School Board Meeting
- Video presentation
- Update on 1300+ High School Seats
- Round 2.1 Analysis of 1300 HS Seats
- Education Center – Feasibility Study Final
June 1 School Board Meeting for 1300+ High School Seats
- High School Options presentation
- Analysis of 1300 HS Seats Round 2
- Rating Calculations Round 2
1300+ High School Seats School Board Work Session (5/5/17)
Work session documents
Options for 1,300 NEW High School Seats
In June 2017, the School Board will vote on a plan to add 1,300 new high school seats. The building will open in September, 2022.
Upcoming Events for the Options for 1,300 New High School Seats
May 15: The Board will hold a work session to discuss site options, considering strengths and challenges and the criteria for decision-making. The session will also be livestreamed on the School Board webpage.
May 16: Staff will provide information from the analysis completed on the New High School section of the Engage with APS website.
May 22-25: Staff will hold community gallery walks at each proposed location to provide an opportunity to share how each identified site compares to the selection criteria.
May 22, 5-8pm Education Center (School Board meeting room) and Kenmore Middle School (Library)
May 25, 5-8pm: Career Center (Common Area)
June 1: Staff will present proposed high school options.
June 15: Public hearing
June 29: School Board will act upon staff recommendations.
School Options Survey
Resources that informed the options:
- ACI’s annual report identifying instructional options
- FAC’s report on sites for 1,300 seats and analysis of potential sites
- Master Planning Report (2015)
If you have questions or suggestions for the new high school instructional focus, please contact us at email@example.com.