You can record audio with the built-in microphone on your iPhone or iPad, a wired or Bluetooth headset, or a compatible microphone. While you record, you can scroll, zoom, and view different pages, slides, or sheets.
- With a document open, tap the Add button , tap the Media button , then tap Record Audio.
- To begin recording, tap the Record button .
- To stop recording, tap the Stop button . The new recording appears in the audio editor at the bottom of the screen.
- To preview your recording, tap the Preview button . To preview from a specific point, swipe left or right on the recording to position the line, then tap the Preview button .
Edit and replace a recording
After you record, you can replace all or part of the recording, trim parts of the recording, or delete all or part of the recording.To re-record from a specific point, swipe left or right on the recording to position the line, then tap the Record button .To re-record a section, tap the Edit button , drag the handles on the recording to select the section, then tap the Record button to record over that section.To trim your recording so only the part you want plays back:
- Drag the handles on the recording to select the section you want to keep.
- Tap the Trim button to remove everything outside of the handles.
To delete all or part of the recording, drag the handles to select the section you want to delete, then tap the Delete button .
Add the recording to your document and play it back
When you’re done recording, tap Insert in the top-right corner. This icon , which represents the audio recording, appears on the page, slide, or sheet. Tap the audio recording to play the recording and more:
- To play your recording, tap the audio recording to select it, then tap the audio recording again.
- To edit or delete the recording after you added it to a page, tap the audio recording to select it, then tap Edit or Delete.
- To move the recording, tap the audio recording to select it, then drag it on the page.
- To share your recording as an audio file, tap the audio recording to select it, then tap Share.
- In Keynote, you can play the recording across multiple slides, and adjust the volume of the recording on each slide independently.