Parent-Teacher conferences are a great opportunity for families and staff to build relationships and focus together on student achievement and outcomes. In addition to discussing academics, parents can check in on their child’s social-emotional skills and ask about adjustment to their new grade, work habits, relationships with peers and adults, and demeanor at school. Here are some links to resources and tips.
Resources from Understood.org:
- Printable: Prepare for Parent-Teacher Conferences
- The Difference Between IEP Meetings and Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Download: Parent-Teacher Conference Worksheet
- Parent-Teacher Conferences: A Guide for Families With Kids Struggling in School
- Teachers Weigh In: What I Wish Parents Asked at Parent-Teacher Conferences