Payroll Fax: 703-807-0146
Services provided by the Payroll Office to provide essential support to instructional programs and administrative staff to achieve Strategic Plan goals:
- Analyze timesheets forwarded to payroll for payment of employees;
- Forward the payroll to the appropriate areas for disbursement into employees’ accounts;
- Process and mail or make available online W-2’s for employees;
- Forward payment of taxes and other requirements to the appropriate organizations to make sure that APS meets payroll federal and state requirements; and
- Provide customer service and support for all aspects of payroll.
News & Information
- How to Video on Updating Federal W-4 in STARS (New)
- STARS Password Help?
- Please contact 703-228-2847 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include a daytime phone number in your email
- For security reasons you will be asked to verify your identity
- Pay Plan 2017-18 (Updated 10-31-17)
- ***VRS – Virginia Retirement System and ACERS – County Retirement Changes***
- W-2 Electronic Consent Form Instructions
- APS School Year Calendars
- What is “Imputed Income” on my paystub
- Instructions to print W-2’s online
Employees are paid semi-monthly, on the 15th and the last business day of each month.
Please Note: APS does not make any guarantee of your pay being deposited earlier than the posted dates listed in the link below, unless otherwise communciated. Please verify with your bank’s posting guidelines to verify receipt of funds.
- Internal Revenue Service, http://www.irs.gov
1-800-829-1040, question line open: Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Free File Home
See if you qualify for Free online Federal Tax Filing depending upon your income.
- Electronic E-File from IRS for individuals who do not qualify for Free Tax Filing
- Electronic Filing for Virginia Taxes and Frequently Asked Questions
- Social Security Questions, http://www.ssa.gov