The Payroll Office receives many inquiries from employees on how many allowances they should claim on federal and state tax forms. The Payroll Office can provide general guidance, but in most cases cannot advise how many allowances employees should claim as everyone has unique tax situations as this constitutes giving tax advice. The Payroll Office cannot provide tax advice. However, we can provide tools in which can help employees make the best decision when filling out these forms. Just have your pay stub available when using these calculators:

Paycheck Calculator (will take you out of the APS site)

IRS Withholding Calculator (will take you out of the APS site)